Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

8212 - Timeout waiting for a response from device

vstrattomusic

When using HX Edit, every time, so annoying, I don't even bother saving presets anymore because it happens so often, changing USB ports doesn't make a difference it seems, USB interface capabilites work fine, reamp works fine, but this breaks the Helix every time, you have to restart to Helix for it to work after this happens.

1 hour ago, vstrattomusic said:

When using HX Edit, every time, so annoying

I have to go along with “rd2rk” need more info.

Also, it would be good to know what version number your firmware and HX Edit are.

Otherwise we have very little to go on!

Win 10

FW 1.91 on both I guess

This has been happening for a long while now, it happened on 1.80, 1.82, maybe even before, I don't think it's a firmware thing.

It happens when editing presets on HXEdit or after trying to save the preset. Sometimes I can see it coming because HXEdit kind of starts to lag.

Update to v2.92. Just because you don't THINK it's a FW problem, doesn't mean it isn't.

Either way, check this:

Go into Device Manager, Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
For each Hub, pull up Properties, Power Management, and uncheck the Allow Device to Sleep box.

Even if your Power Management Plan is set to Performance (it IS, right?), Even if Processor Sceduling is set to Optimize for Background Processes (it should be), even if you've done this in the past, Windows Update sometimes resets these settings. 

• Thanks 1