Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Helix floor vs HX Stomp effects quanity

eharding

Hello folks,

I'm interested in getting into Line 6.

Does the Helix have the same number of effects (amps, cabs, mics, stomps, etc.) as the HX Stomp?

I ask because I read through the two owner manuals and it appears the HX Stomp contains more?  I was thinking maybe the manuals have not been updated?

I like the almost unlimited patch creation/block options in the Helix as well as input/outputs, number of switches, etc. , but I also love more sound options to play with.

Thanks!

Helix and HX Stomp have the exact same models. You're correct—HX Stomp is newer, and therefore the model list in its manual is more up-to-date.

All Helix and HX SKUs are getting updated manuals for 3.0. They're just EXTREMELY expensive to translate, that's all. If we only had to provide English-language manuals, we'd update them every firmware rev (like we do with HX Edit and Helix Native manuals, which are software and for some reason don't fall under the same guidelines).

Thank you for the information.  Knowing this, I am going to purchase the Helix as I enjoy the idea of multiple stomp switches, built in expression pedal, mic input, flexible signal path, etc.

I'm going to pair it with the Powercab plus.  Seems like a good combo.

Will it be safe to play a bass guitar through the Helix to the Powercab or does the Powercab not go low enough frequency wise for a bass guitar?

Thank you,

21 minutes ago, eharding said:

Thank you for the information.  Knowing this, I am going to purchase the Helix as I enjoy the idea of multiple stomp switches, built in expression pedal, mic input, flexible signal path, etc.

I'm going to pair it with the Powercab plus.  Seems like a good combo.

Will it be safe to play a bass guitar through the Helix to the Powercab or does the Powercab not go low enough frequency wise for a bass guitar?

Thank you,

It is safe to use but the frequency response won’t give you the thump in the chest and will leave you disappointed. 

I have a Mission Engineering Gemini FRFR (which is very close to what the PowerCab offers) as well as a QSC CP12 and the CP12 stomps all over the Gemini. I highly recommend the QSC if you want to use a bass guitar as well as a guitar (or even a keyboard). 

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CP12--qsc-cp12-1000w-12-inch-powered-speaker

It’s plenty loud as well which was a concern of mine but turned out to be unfounded. 

if you want stereo, just buy two and your still under the cost of the PowerCab 212 Plus and you have a great sounding PA setup too boot.