Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Darkglass BK7 Ultra and HD500 connectivity

CrashRG

Thanks in advance for any help!!

First, what I'm wanting to achieve: My band runs in ears, all guitars and bass are ran DI. I'm wanting to run my Darkglass BK7 Ultra as my main tone/cab sim, which would normally have that pedal alone running DI. I'm wanting to use my HD500 ONLY for effects/compression etc. No amp/cab sims.

Here's my problem. I run the HD into the Darkglass DI like I would a normal pedal, but it completely sucks the tone out of the Darkglass and completely kills the drive channel on the Darkglass. Same results when I flip the two and run the Darkglass into the HD. I'm stumped. I'm fairly new to the HD. I've seen other bass players run a similiar setup, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to connect the two and NOT kill the Darkglass tone.

In your patches (or if you prefer globally) set the input impedance to 3.5 (or 1) MΩ instead of the default AUTO, and make sure the master volume knob on the device is full up.

Experiment also with the "1/4" OUT" switch near the pedal and see which setting (LINE or AMP) works better with the input of your Darkglass.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

I would suggest putting the darkglass in the effects loop of the HD. set the amp block to none. Put the FX Loop block where you like and you can put FX before or after it as the patch requires...basically the FX Loop is your amp (darkglass) placed in the chain...start with an empty patch with nothing but the FX Loop and you should be able to get it transparent.