Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone use the POD for acoustic guitar?

matonanjin

There was a thread recently for using the POD for classical guitar.  But that's not what I am looking for. I am looking to use my POD HD 500X as an amp for my acoustic steel string guitar.  Anyone else do this?

I did try and find some presets in the CustomTone section but couldn't find any.  Actually, I found one and it was terrible.

Any suggestion or point to a download or two would be appreciated.

There are several patches for acoustic in the "Bass-Aco-Voc" factory setlist, and also in the "Variax" factory (which works also with normal guitars) setlist, all made by Line6.

So before downloading other patches try what you have already in your device. You might like some of them, or find useful as a starting point.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

my primary use of the device is 6 string electric. but i have used it for other stuff - specifically, acoustic guitar, otherwise it isn't relevant to the conversation. lol 

and i have recorded (without the device) acoustic guitar many times over the decades. 

the truth is, exactly what i said in the 'nylon string' post you mentioned - anything more than some eq or reverb, and you really are getting away from enhancing the natural acoustic tone. 

doesn't mean you can't use stuff. just that most people play acoustic for a reason, and adding a reverse ping pong tron up just isn't it. 

@hurghanico, @pianogayy and @Punkyboy, thanks for those suggestions.  I didn't know there are patches in the " "Bass-Aco-Voc" factory setlist, that's how ignorant I am about my machine.  So I'll look at those.   And I'm not wanting to add a reverse ping pong, just a little amplification, maybe a little reverb?  And I didn't see that 2008005, so I'll try that.

Thanks you guys.

Acoustic instruments is my primary use case now. I use it to set different EQs and gains for the various instruments I play (guitar, mandolin, banjo, dulcimer, uke, etc) and then feed a single line to the PA. It works great! There are no tricks really. I don't use an amp sim block. Just a bunch of studio EQs.

As far as suggestions, try it first with no blocks at. Crank the gain up and notice the frequency where the feedback starts. Insert a Studio EQ and notch that frequency out. Repeat 2-3 times to get a robust live-friendly setup.

• 2 years later...