Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So... Is it safe updating to 2.92?

molul

I mean, is there any important bug in latest build? Like that tap tempo problem, or some controls being very slow, etc.

I would like to update this weekend, but after having downgrade from 2.90 and 2.91 to 2.82, I think I could ask first.

Thanks in advance.

Oh no, I meant if there is any major issue that could make me go back to 2.82, like the delay tap tempo in 2.90 and the tap tempo light not being synchronized with the tempo in 2.91.

Hi

If you go to the Downloads menu and select your device and operating system you can scroll though all release notes for the last and earlier releases. What potential bugs you run in to depends on what functions you use so it hard to advice. They also state known issues, so you have a chance to avoid or at least be aware of limitation when you know/see the them.
From 2.82 (I can’t find any 2.88) and forward there is just three releases so not that much to read (most of it are installations instructions, very important).

I try to read them to be aware of them. As a blues player I’m a very simple user so rarely run into any bugs. But, I always read the release notes to have an idea what the conditions are in the release and to identify any changes in the installations procedure, to get the update to runs smoothly. And they always do, not one glitch for the four years I used my HX LT. 

Take care //Per

It seems very solid to me. There were a handful of bugs in 2.90 and 2.91, but 2.92 seems to have fixed all of the notable ones. One thing though -- I was one of the people who had the new output meters and compression meters get laggy, after the Helix was powered on for a while (hours). This continued even after updating to 2.92. It was fixed by making a backup, doing a factory reset, and then restoring the backup.

I don't know if it matters, but when I restored the backup I did not restore globals, because resetting them is apparently what fixes it. I figured if there was some corrupted value in there, I wouldn't want to restore it, so I just reset all my global options manually. Probably not necessary, but just including that detail for thoroughness.

• Upvote 1