Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Helix Native with Line6 UX2

Vladislavus

Hi there! About 5 years ago I purchased the UX2 audio interface along with PodFarm 2.5 with the metal shop pack. It has been a great experience but then I saw that there is a possibility to buy Helix Native. From what I understand, it's pretty much a modern & way more clear sounding PodFarm that's built in the Helix products. I have been thinking to upgrade to Helix Native but I am not sure whether
it's going to work well (if at all) on the UX2 given that it's a pretty old device. Helix products cost a lot more than the UX2 and it seems like there should be a catch if I try to use it this way. If it's possible to run Helix Native using a UX properly, how different would it be than to use a Helix rack? I assume that the output quality is different, but other than that, will it affect the recording quality as well? If I record something with Helix Native using a Helix rack and then record the same thing using a UX2 with Helix Native, how different will the final product sound? I would like to know the limitations and differences, if any of you can point them out. Maybe I should just buy a Helix rack or multi-effect instead of a software upgrade alone. Also, is it a stand alone software like PodFarm 2.5 or is it just an addition to the DAW? Thanks a lot!
PS: I know that I can demo it for free for 2 weeks before buying but I also didn't want to start the demo only to find out that it doesn't work at all on the UX2. 

Native will work with the UX2, but latency might be an issue. The Tone Direct monitoring you get with POD Farm won’t be there with Native, so latency will be dependent on your system. The Helix hardware and Native sound exactly the same given the same input source, so sound quality should be fine. There is no standalone version of Native - it’s a plug-in only.