Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2 HX Stomps on One Board?

billyhell2

I have an HX stomp and have been looking at ways to increase the functionality without purchasing something large (like the HX Effects). The Morningstar midi controller is the best solution but is right at $300 shipped. So my question is can I plug one HX Stomp into another HX stomp? The Stomp is smaller than a the Effects and would fit on my board. It would give me 3 more button and 6 more blocks for on $200 more dollars than buying a midi controller. Has anyone out there tried this? I'm trying to stay away from the LT and Floor because I know me and I won't haul those big things around. 

Two HX Stomps on a single board sounds very viable I'm just wondering if one can talk to the other. 

Depends. At approx 1.8ms per AD/DA conversion, you have almost 4ms with two stomps. Are you using the FX Loops? Are there other digital devices on your board? Are you wireless?

A major study (some audio engineering group, it's out there if you search) showed that most musicians can't hear latency below 10-12ms (vocalists and horns less). Some people claim to be able to "feel" 1ms (I call BS). How sensitive to latency are you?