Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go Vs HELIX LT

Guido_59

Hello from Italy I need a new multifx that have best quality possible for overdrive distortion and ampli Cab SIM. So look for the new PodGo but in Italy it's not yet available. It's have the same  effects and SIM of HELIX LT or not,? 

Helix LT Is fantastic but it's bigger also in its price. 

Pod Go has limit of four free blocks for user , do you they will be enough?

Pod Go will have integration with Helix Native in the future?

I don't have a Pod Go yet either (I'm in the UK, and like Italy these are not yet available here) but I've been doing a lot of research into Pod Go and recently better understood how it works and allocates it's DSP processing power.  There is a thread on this here you might want to read including a link to a table that is very accurate and shows what percentage of DSP processing is being used by each model (see the thread "Pod Go DSP processing power- has anyone yet hit a DSP limit?".   

So I think it's more correct to say you can have UP TO 4 flexible user blocks (which to be fair is what Line 6 say). The amp/pre-amp models and FX models all share the remaining processing power after the fixed allowance built into Pod Go to run the initial 'semi fixed blocks' (EQ, Volume, Wah etc - you can have any version of these with no impact on processing power left over for amps/preamps/cabs & effects) but each amp/preamp & FX uses different amounts of processing power. Depending on the models you choose you may not always be able to use all 4 blocks if you've selected eg an amp, reverb, and delay that use up particularly heavy amounts of processing power.   

But with so much choice in Pod Go there will always be alternative similar models requiring lower DSP processing power to choose from if you need all 4 blocks.  As a gigging player who currently uses a Vox Tonelab SE & LE, I can have 1 amp/cab, 1 modulation, 1 delay, 1 pedal, and 1 reverb, plus volume pedal/expression pedal and I've always been able to manage with this.  Pod Go will actually give me more choice/options and so I think it should suit me very well.  Also, you can insert a pedal into the FX loop of Pod Go to give you effectively a '5th block' that you can switch on/off within your snapshots as you need. 

I had similar concerns but in answer to your question I think you (and I) should be fine.  But if you regularly genuinely need more and are into making complex amp & FX chains with more complex routing options then you will need to consider Helix LT which has a lot more processing power and can even let you choose more than one amp or cab.  It will still have DSP processing limits but it will allow you to do a lot more although it is a lot more expensive as you say.  For me, I can afford Helix LT but I want to get away from big, heavy units (Helix LT is around the same overall size and weight of my Tonelab SE) and what really attracts me to Pod Go is it's compact size and light weight whilst still giving me very good floor control for gigs, with Helix quality tones whilst still giving me sufficient options for my needs.  

Thanks for answer. PodGo shoukd be an interesting alternative  beetween Hx effects too limited and Helix LT with a lot of option that is e eccessive for me.

At the end I need good effects and cab sim emulation and I don’t need mano preset and I sholud use it in stomp mode so iI like on/off function for each pedal .

Do you think four Free user blocks are too little ?

34 minutes ago, Guido_59 said:

Thanks for answer. PodGo shoukd be an interesting alternative  beetween Hx effects too limited and Helix LT with a lot of option that is e eccessive for me.

At the end I need good effects and cab sim emulation and I don’t need mano preset and I sholud use it in stomp mode so iI like on/off function for each pedal .

Do you think four Free user blocks are too little ?

Obviously I would like to have seen 5 or 6 blocks, but to do this it would have required a lot more processing power which would have upped the cost considerably, and price was a very key target for Line 6.  I did try and answer that, but because I dont know your needs only you can decide.