Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

USB-C Hubs and the HX Stomp

GetFightedMikey

Hi guys, 

I have had a quick search on the forums but haven’t quite found the answer I was looking for. I am looking to get a new laptop in the near future and the main contender features only USB-C ports. I have seen you can get a USB-C hub that allows you to connect multiple USB 2.0 devices, does anyone have any experience with these and their Line6 devices?

I have a HX Stomp, and older HD Bean that I would like to still use for recording and editing patches etc, but always heard that connecting via a USB hub was problematic.

Thanks!

Thanks Silverhead! That’s good to know, I never even would have thought of that! 

Do you happen to know whether the hub would work too? It’s just one of the laptops I was looking at only had 2 USB-C ports and I do have a bunch of other gear I use. 

Cheers!

6 hours ago, jester700 said:

I have no problem with 2 different USB-C hubs with either my LT or my HX Stomp. But hubs are different, so that's no guarantee you won't have issues.

I hoped that might be the case, I haven’t ever needed to use a hub before as obviously most computers come with enough ports, but I didn’t know with the advances in technology, especially with how much better USB-C is supposed to be, that connecting via a hub might not be a worry any more.

I was nearly ready to buy a Huawei Matebook, they look good and have pretty good specs for their price, but they don’t all come with a wide variety of ports, most only sporting the usb-c but they include a hub with the laptop. 

I don't use a computer with USB-C for my Helix, but there are problems updating with a hub in place. Connect directly to the computer and the update went smoothly. Maybe it depends on the particular hub, but I would try the direct cable if possible.