Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording with Amplifi 75

russvind

I am using the Amplifi 75 and want to record with using a usb cable from the back of the amp directly into the pc. All drivers are updated. It works smoothly, except for one big issue. If I try to record something, the recording gets some sort of crackling sounds that come sporadically. I first thought this was due to a poor connection with the cable but I've changed it out with a new one. There are no problems when outputting sounds, but only recording. Is there any fix for this?example.mp3

I've attached an example of the problem, recorded through Audacity. Listen to the sound that comes after 4 seconds and around 15 seconds. 

Hi Russvind,

Originally when I read this I was going to say it might be a latency issue because I have had a similar problem when recording my POD HD500x through ProTools before. However, after listening to the audio clip (great playing by the way), it sounds to me like an interference issue. Have you got a mobile device connected to the Amplifi via Bluetooth while recording? In theory it shouldn't be a problem if there is, but it could be what is causing the interference. 

I have had trouble using my Relay G10 while performing on stage as I get a similar interference from Wifi signals in the building. It usually takes 2 or 3 tries for it to find a frequency that isn't being used to transmit on. I did some research and apparently Wifi and Bluetooth can interfere with each-other too so if you have Bluetooth connected to the amp, a wifi network may be able to interfere. This might trick the amp into thinking there are incoming audio signals.

I'm interested to hear what ends up being the problem turns out to be so I will be following this thread.

I hope at least some of this is helpful!

Riley.

Hey Riley,

I think you fixed the issue! I did not have my phone connected via bluetooth, but I tried experimenting a little with turning my phone and laptop on flight mode and that seemed to help a lot! It seems that interference coming from the wifi signals coming from my laptop are the problem. When I now record with flight mode on, there are barely any issues. 

Thank you so much for your help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have the Amplifi 75 and love it. I don't perform outside the home but love it for a practice amp. I am pretty sure I figured out at one point how to use the USB out into the iPad. I recall it was just like any other audio interface.

I'll try to remember to try tonight when home in front of the unit.

I highly recommend the pedal board as well.

My Indigo Card