Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

NATIVE CRASHES REAPER

captainnemo70

Hi Guys, 

Hope maybe someone can help, as line 6 support arent.

ive got  a ticket in.

Native constantly crashes reaper when i try to load it in, its doing it every time, its not coming up with the black line 6 native screen, just crashing before it gets too it.

i had it as a demo, and it was fine at first, then wouldn't open and crashed reaper a  few times, seemed hit and miss that it would work.

read through the forums  on here, the gear page etc, and found that some were of the opinion that it was an authentication issue and maybe went away when you purchased the full version.

At first when i paid it ran great, i got my patches / IRs from my floor in no issues, love it. Then the next time i opened a session, back to crashing.

im on windows 10, upto date with updates, service pack etc.

any ideas ????

i dont want to have to get my money back, i love Helix.  having done more research it seems that this is quite a common issue.

im not trying it in any different Daws, if it doesn't work in reaper its no use to me.

Edited by captainnemo70
typos
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, captainnemo70 said:

Hi Guys, 

Hope maybe someone can help, as line 6 support arent.

ive got  a ticket in.

Native constantly crashes reaper when i try to load it in, its doing it every time, its not coming up with the black line 6 native screen, just crashing before it gets too it.

i had it as a demo, and it was fine at first, then wouldn't open and crashed reaper a  few times, seemed hit and miss that it would work.

read through the forums  on here, the gear page etc, and found that some were of the opinion that it was an authentication issue and maybe went away when you purchased the full version.

At first when i paid it ran great, i got my patches / IRs from my floor in no issues, love it. Then the next time i opened a session, back to crashing.

im on windows 10, upto date with updates, service pack etc.

any ideas ????

i dont want to have to get my money back, i love Helix.  having done more research it seems that this is quite a common issue.

im not trying it in any different Daws, if it doesn't work in reaper its no use to me.

Hi Captain.

I replied to your other post on here and mentioned that I saw others had similar issues with Native and Reaper crashing.

I also remembered something else that got posted in the main Helix group that you may want to check out - some said it a solution on Windows machines - I don't know, but you could check it out.

On 6/1/2020 at 5:27 PM, captainnemo70 said:

O.K regarding HXN and Reaper crash issues - I found this comment over in the main Helix forum:

Disable wireless adapter!!!

Power settings on HIGH PERFORMANCE. Turn off all sleep settings. 
Turn off Windows sounds and special effects.
Disable any unnecessary audio drivers in Sound Panel.

FROM CONTROL PANEL (NOT Settings), open SYSTEM, Advanced System Settings, Advanced Tab, Performance, Settings:
Visual Effects= Adjust for best performance
Performance Options Advanced Tab – Adjust for best performance of = Background Services

Helix Sample Rate matched to DAW. Buffers 128-256 works for most machines.

posted by “rd2rk” here:

Check it out - he might be correct.

Hi, I have a similar problem.
Occurs with version 1.92 only.
Reproducible with "Reaper" and "Cakewalk".
If I uninstall version 1.92 and then install version 1.91, everything works fine.
Does version 1.91 work for you?
I reported the problem to support on May 24th, 2020, unfortunately no solution yet.
Look:
https://line6.com/support/topic/55895-problem-after-installing-helix-native-v192-with-reaper-v610x64/