Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX1 - Recording Guitar Works Fine, Monitoring Outputs Stopped Working

I’ve used the Line 6 UX1 with Pod Farm 2 and Reaper for a few months now, and I have nothing but positive things to say about both the hardware and software, with the exception of a pretty annoying issue I’ve had for the past few weeks.

I’m able to record my guitar into my computer without any problems, but when it comes to monitoring through the analog outs, no sound comes out, even though Pod Farm is picking up audio, and the Reaper recording sounds completely normal. While this was annoying, I was able to get around it by just using the headphone output port instead. However, now the headphone output has stopped producing sound too, meaning that I can’t hear what I’m playing live (monitoring directly through Reaper has some latency, so I can’t use that method without it driving me insane).

I know for a fact this could only be the fault of the UX1, since I use the exact same cable and speaker setup to hook up an electronic drum set, and it works fine. I know this isn't a driver or computer issue because the recording sounds fine. 

I’ve searched across the internet to see if a similar question has ever been asked, but I wasn't able to find anyone else with this problem. Is there some sort of setting I’ve accidentally changed in the software, or is my UX1 toast?

The possibility that I simply just broke it doesn’t really make much sense to me, since I’ve always been delicate with the interface, so it’s not like I’ve done anything that could have seriously damaged it, and I figure this product generally has a lifespan beyond 3 months (I bought it new). Does anyone have any idea what might be happening? If I did end up breaking it somehow, I’d love to know if there’s something I can do to fix it without having to ship it out or buy a new one. Thanks for the help.