Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does the HX Stomp act as a USB Host or do I really need a micro.ghost from DAD?

optofonik

If I read the manual correctly the HX Stomp transmits MIDI via USB which would seem to indicate it's a MIDI host. If I connect a USB cable from the HX Stomps to the Zoom 70-CDR's USB port would the Zoom not respond to program change messages?

MID Host is not a thing, you need a USB Host. Just because it transmits MIDI over USB does not make it a USB Host. Your computer is a USB Host.

I'm pretty sure that your Zoom is not a USB Host either. If you want to control the Zoom with your Stomp without a computer in between you'll need a USB Host box, something like this:

https://smile.amazon.com/Midiplus-USB-MIDI-Host-midiplus/dp/B074NGTGHN/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=USB+Host&qid=1591063257&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-1

On 6/1/2020 at 7:01 PM, rd2rk said:

MID Host is not a thing, you need a USB Host.

Yeah, sorry about that, I got a little dyslexic. Duly noted and thread title appropriately edited. The DAD micr.ghost is built like a tank and only a bit more expensive than the host you linked to. I did look at that, though. Since I have another specialty box from DAD that works flawlessly I ponied up and went with them. Buy once. Cry once. Thanks for answering my question in spite of the bad title.

The mocro.ghost is working perfectly with the HX Stomp, btw.

The next test is connecting The Stomp and Zoom to the HX Effects loop and getting the three of them MIDIed up.

After that I wait on delivery of the ES-8 and I'm off to the races with a full redesign of my pedalboards:

16826.jpeg

Yeah, the box I linked to was just the result of a quick search, the Ghost is a much better box.

Looking at that monster board, have you seen this yet?

Looks wild, and more to come......