Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is my screen going bad?

optofonik

I get it. It's stating, or asking, the obvious. Okayfine.

• How bad is it?
  • Has anyone experienced the same thing?
  • What did that experience entail?
  • Does anyone know of someone, or read a post by someone. who has experienced the same thing?
  • What did their experience entail?
  • Etc.?

Stating the obvious isn't nearly as egregious as asking a stupid question. Duly noted. 

OP, I apologize for my snark. I wasn't joking about wanting higher-resolution images. I'm still curious--is this a hardware failure, like delamination of layers of the LCD? Or is it a foreign substance, like dirt or mold? I can see that the blemishes are outside the bounds of the pixels on the LCD, so it's not dead pixels. How does it look when powered down, under bright illumination? Do the blemishes cast a shadow? 

On 6/3/2020 at 3:42 PM, aaronlyon said:

OP, I apologize for my snark. I wasn't joking about wanting higher-resolution images. I'm still curious--is this a hardware failure, like delamination of layers of the LCD? Or is it a foreign substance, like dirt or mold? I can see that the blemishes are outside the bounds of the pixels on the LCD, so it's not dead pixels. How does it look when powered down, under bright illumination? Do the blemishes cast a shadow? 

Fair enough. Especially since I didn't think to check it out when it was powered down. I just checked it out with a torch while not powered up and sure enough, it's still there. That makes feel better about it not being an electrical problem. Now I suspect it might very well be delamination of the film that is above the actual LED (digital watches use such a film). Still disappointing and I'll contact Line 6 about it shortly. Thanks for the insight

• Like 1