Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

[Solved] Helix can't be used in DAWs after upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004

malumgor

Yesterday, my Windows 10 was updated to version 2004. After that my DAW (Studio One 4) is not able to work with Helix. I also tried Reaper 6 and it's not able to use Helix. To complete the test, I tried to use Helix with Neural DSP standalone application and it also can't use it.

The stange thing is that the sound from browser, Spotify - works. Re-installing Helix drivers doesn't help.

I have latest versions of drivers, HX Edit and firmware on Helix (2.92). Did someone experience the same?

In Reaper, try switching devices (anything other than Helix ASIO). Close and re-start Reaper, then switch back to the Helix ASIO..

I'm apparently not privileged to receive 2004 yet, so I can't comment directly until I get it, but I'd be very surprised if your problem was caused by the Windows update, though anything is possible. Meantime, if the above doesn't work, check that all of your other drivers, including MoBo drivers, are up to date. 

Just for the sake of trying it I installed Cakewalk. It doesn't see the Helix (at least Helix is not in the list of audio devices there). Other applications at least see the Helix but cannot use it. So the issue I have is not with the DAW. I am sure it is related to the Windows update which causing issues with the Helix drivers. All was fine before the update.

3 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

In Reaper, try switching devices (anything other than Helix ASIO). Close and re-start Reaper, then switch back to the Helix ASIO..

I'm apparently not privileged to receive 2004 yet, so I can't comment directly until I get it, but I'd be very surprised if your problem was caused by the Windows update, though anything is possible. Meantime, if the above doesn't work, check that all of your other drivers, including MoBo drivers, are up to date. 

It doesn't help, unfortunately. As soon as I select Helix I am getting an error that device is not read/not initialize - the message is different per application.

And I checked the versions of other drivers (including my BIOS) - I am up-to-date.

Googling "Windows 10 2004 issues" brings quite some results where people are complaining about that release... It might be that some changes affected the work of Helix drivers.

3 minutes ago, malumgor said:

Googling "Windows 10 2004 issues" brings quite some results where people are complaining about that release... It might be that some changes affected the work of Helix drivers.

You've got two other people here saying they have no such problem, so that can't be it.

Have you tried your USB cable in different ports?

What computer exactly are you using? Can you connect with HX Edit?

• Upvote 1

You may have to reload the line6 drivers some times when you update windows 10 you have to reinstall some drivers seen that before

Oops helps to read you reinstalled helix drivers - try another usb port as rd2rk mentions you prob all ready did also check the usb chord in the back of helix its a pos its doesnt engage well

• Upvote 1

Ok, the issue is fixed but it's strange. I had to uninstalled all Line6 software (HX Edit, Line6 updater, USB drivers etc.) and install again (just HX Edit, it has everything in bundle). Re-install of the driver is not enough for whatever reason.

Thank you guys for your time and support!

• Like 2

• malumgor changed the title to [Solved] Helix can't be used in DAWs after upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004
  • 7 months later...