Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp MIDI CC persistents Snapshot mode

MeNHToR

Hello:
I have built a MIDI controller to have some extra buttons on my HX Stomp.
I have assigned a button to change the settings of a Pitch Wham effect to simulate tunning change in the guitar, to avoid changing the real tunning on the guitar. The change works perfect, but I have a problem when I change Snapshot:

I have Snapshot 1 configured as a clean tone, snapshot 2 as rhythm and snapshot as soloi. If I change the "tunning" of the Pitch Wham in the rhythm snapshot, when I change to the  solo snapshot, the Pitch Wham configuration is the original one, not the one i've made with the MIDI controller.
Obviously, I have the parameters of the Pitch Wham configured so that they change with the MIDI command,

I hope I have explained myself well.

Is there anything I can do to make the changes on the Pitch Wham parameters I modify via MIDI persistent?

Thank you

4 hours ago, MeNHToR said:

Hello:
I have built a MIDI controller to have some extra buttons on my HX Stomp.
I have assigned a button to change the settings of a Pitch Wham effect to simulate tunning change in the guitar, to avoid changing the real tunning on the guitar. The change works perfect, but I have a problem when I change Snapshot:

I have Snapshot 1 configured as a clean tone, snapshot 2 as rhythm and snapshot as soloi. If I change the "tunning" of the Pitch Wham in the rhythm snapshot, when I change to the  solo snapshot, the Pitch Wham configuration is the original one, not the one i've made with the MIDI controller.
Obviously, I have the parameters of the Pitch Wham configured so that they change with the MIDI command,

I hope I have explained myself well.

Is there anything I can do to make the changes on the Pitch Wham parameters I modify via MIDI persistent?

Thank you

This is by design. The issue is that once you assign a parameter to a controller, the value for that parameter that's saved in each snapshot will be recalled when you switch snapshots. So in that sense, snapshots will override controllers. The one exception to this are the EXP controllers. Under Global Settings>EXP Pedals, there's the EXP1 & 2 Position parameters. If you have them set to Per Preset or Global, the position of the expression pedal will override the value that saved in the snapshot. So one possible workaround might be to assign the Pitch parameter to either EXP1 or 2 and use the associated CC (CC1 or CC2) to emulate the pedal.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rd2rk said:

In Global Settings>Preferences set Snapshot Edits to RECALL.

i've allready test thah option, but it didn't work. Even was a worst solution, because, when y change to Snapshot 3 the settings were lost in the same way, but when I change back to snapshot 2, le changes was lost to, soy I've lost the "tunning" 

5 hours ago, phil_m said:

This is by design. The issue is that once you assign a parameter to a controller, the value for that parameter that's saved in each snapshot will be recalled when you switch snapshots. So in that sense, snapshots will override controllers. The one exception to this are the EXP controllers. Under Global Settings>EXP Pedals, there's the EXP1 & 2 Position parameters. If you have them set to Per Preset or Global, the position of the expression pedal will override the value that saved in the snapshot. So one possible workaround might be to assign the Pitch parameter to either EXP1 or 2 and use the associated CC (CC1 or CC2) to emulate the pedal.

Tested and it works perfectly. Thanks!!

6 hours ago, SaschaFranck said:

Fwiw, this is also related to parameters automatically becoming controlled by snapshots once you assign MIDI controls to them - which, in all honesty, makes zero sense.

Totally agree with you: if a parameter if assigned to MIDI CC the snapshot should not modify it

At least I could solved the issue, and mi config is working OK.