Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 Updater and macOS Catalina

helix33

I have changed my IMAC with a new one under MacOS Catalina 10.15

When I try to install Line6 Updater to upgrade my Line 6 Helix Rack , I have a message like this :

"Line6 Updater.pkg is not opening because Apple cannot verify that it does not contain  malware. Please contact the line6 developer".

Thank's for help.

Regards

Helix33 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, helix33 said:

When I try to install Line6 Updater to upgrade my Line 6 Helix Rack , I have a message like this :

"Line6 Updater.pkg is not opening because Apple cannot verify that it does not contain  malware. Please contact the line6 developer".

Thank's for help.

Regards

Helix33 

The reply above will help, but you no longer need L6 Updater anyway. You can now update Helix firmware directly through the latest version of HX Edit.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, helix33 said:

Thank's for help.

Regards

Helix33 

Hi,

What you have encountered is an over zealous “Gatekeeper” that is inbuilt to the Mac OS.

Read this, which will save me having to type out the same old thing one more time. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Oh, yeah, what “crusininon2” states above is technically correct - with the latest update you should not need the Line 6 updater. Although, when you do the latest update (v2.92)  using the HX Edit install routine, you will probably find that it is actually running on top of the Line 6 Updater app. If you have any grief trying to update through HX Edit, simply fire up the Updater and do it through that app. In fact to avoid any issues with the Line 6 servers, download the latest software to your drive and do a local install. During the update do not allow your computer to go to sleep, in fact do not have anything else open or running on your Mac.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I' have upgraded the firmware of my Helix Rack to  version 2.92 without using Line6 Upgrader, as just said Datacommando in this message.

Helix Edit detects automatically if your Line 6 does not have the latest version and  guides you step by step during the upgrading. It's easy and  secure.

Thank's.

Regards.

Helix33

• Upvote 1