Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fbv Express Mkii Switches To Pitch Shift Instead Of Wah...

rythmking24

Hello,

I'm having a slight issue with my FBV Express pedal, in that on my custom user settings, in the 'D' bank, where I've stored my 'insane' solo setting, when I attempt to switch from volume to wah using the FBV pedal, both voulme and wah light up, and it changes to pitch shifter instead :-/

I did a Google search and came across this thread... http://uk.line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/49924

But this solution didn't work for me. As when I pressed the 'Preset' knob (although in this thread it says 'reset' button. But I'm assuming that's a typo) and then scroll through, I can't find 'wah' anywhere.

So, how do I rectify this please? I'd appreciate some help.

Cheers.

You must have the pitchshifter saved in that patch, you need to remove it, add the wah model you want and re-save it.

Forgive my ignorance, but having not intentionally saved it, how do I remove it? is it possible to do so through the amp without connecting to a computer?

Also, may it be in need of an update? Considering that I only purchased it yesterday?

Many thanks.

Yes, you will want to update your firmware for both the FBV and the amp.   Suggest you start by reading the manuals.  http://line6.com/support/manuals/spideriv75

You'll ned to install Line 6 Monkey first, that's thier software updater/installer, then update the FBV, then the amp.

You can go into edit mode from the amp, then use the FX1 section to find the 'pitch glide' and turn it off, then re-save the patch to the same location.  It takes some time to learn how to do everythign on the amp, but once you larn the ins and outs it is pretty simple.

Thanks.

I've updated Line 6 Monkey, and attempted to update the FBV Express MKii, but with no success. I get this message; 'fbv express mkii update failed code 80000002'. It tells me to make sure that the cables are connected. Which they are. Well... the cable. The USB cable.

When I open Line 6 Monkey, it says that it can't detect what device I'm using, and asks me to select from a drop down menu that does not contain the FBV Express MKii. Which is pretty annoying. So I use the 'connect using MIDI option, and then select the FBV in the 'midi in' and 'midi out' boxes etc.

The thing is, there are no midi inputs or outputs on the FBV. 

I do have an M-audio Midisport 1x1 midi interface. But in the manual, it doesn't say anywhere that you'll require a midi interface of any sort.

What the Hell's going on?

I'd appreciate some help thanks.

What OS are you using?  Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon problem.  I had to borrow an older laptop running XP to do the FBV update.  You should still be able to update the amp, even if you can't update the FBV, though.  Try different USB ports and cables, too.

The FBV is not a MIDI device, although it can be used to control MIDI using Spider Control software.