Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp into Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

pvdmac

I'm just waiting on the arrival of my new HX Stomp, and after a bit of advice. 

I know that the HX Stomp has its own Interface.

I will be using an iMac running Studio One as my DAW.

I also have a focusrite scarlett 2i2 audio Interface and a set of studio monitors.

Will I be able to connect :-

HX Stomp into iMac Studio One DAW ( for effects )

HX Stomp into focusrite scarlett 2i2 auadio Interface. ( Using scarlett 2i2 as main audio Interface )

focusrite scarlett 2i2 into studio monitors ( for sound / monitoring ).

Or am I just better to use the HX Stomp as my Interface and do away with the focusrite scarlett 2i2.

I am wanting for my studio monitors to be the main source of audio, from iMac for general music listening and YouTube and also when i am using the HX Stomp

so that I am not disconnecting audio cables all of the time.

Cheers

Pvdmac.

Think of the Focusrite as nothing more than a multi-track tape recorder's back panel. If you have an amp then use the loop or not; either way put a mic in front of the cab's speaker, plug the mic into the Focusrite and start recording your EP.

No amp? Find a patch, or make you own, utilizing one of the HX's excellent sims. Don't over complicate it.

What are you using for "studio monitors"?

Hi optofonic.

I am looking a buying a set of new monitors, either a set of Yamaha HS5’s or a set of KRK Rokit5 G4’s.

I won’t be miking up any amps due to noise level issues.

cheers

pvdmac

If you want to keep your speakers connected to the Scarlett and have the Helix be removable from the system without re-cabling, you can either use the Outs from the Stomp into the Scarlett, using the Scarlett as Soundcard, or you can use both Stomp and Scarlett by creating an "aggregate device":

https://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/quick-tip-use-multiple-audio-interfaces-on-mac-os-x--audio-9095

I'm not a MAC guy so I can't say how well it works, maybe some of the MAc users here will chime in.....

i will soon get my HX Stomp but i already know how i will use it. i also own a scarlett 2i2 but it's not my main audio input. I use a software named VoiceMeter Banana as mixer and i can manage several inputs like my micorphone/headset, my scarlett, my audio from computer and all of this mixing it or not in a final "output", then this output (the mixed signal) can be used anywhere Daw etc. I love this solution that is costless because the software is free and you can manage what you want and send all signals where you want. I will probably manage directly the HX stomp in this software. This solution also helps for other purpose as streaming or things like that or directly track and record something while you are playing on a youtube backing track.

Well voicemetter is not very easy to anderstand and setup but there is plenty of tutorials out there :)

For mac user there is soundFLower that is the equivalent of voicemeeter banana :)

there is no right solution but plenty of solutions :) also you can plug both output in your focusrite. and use both in daw for multitracking etc :)