Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD 500 Sounds fizzy after playing for a while

Jeromebailey

I have a recurring problem with my pod HD 500. I've set up my resets and they sound like I want them to. Good sounds but after playing for a while the sound degrades and becomes thin and fizzy and quite nasty. Occasionally they come back but it then happens again. Any ideas? Really frustrating and don't want to have to replace the pod unless  I have to. Not sure if it's a software issue or faulty unit. Bought it second hand so no warranty. I live in the UK.

Are you completely sure that problem comes from the POD and not from your monitoring system?

Based on your description, if it is the POD the faulty device, it could be a hardware problem related to the heating of some worn-out component, eg a capacitor..

Maybe the problem has to do only with the Guitar input circuit, try to connect you guitar instead to the AUX input (probablly never used before, and still new in a sense) and see if the problem persists.

I don't believe that what you described is a software related problem, but you never know, you could try the usual (software) cure and see if it solves the issue, ie:

save your patches, re-install the firmware, do a global reset, do the pedal calibration, reload in the device your previously saved patches

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

3 hours ago, Jeromebailey said:

I normally use a jtv59

Ok, in this case if you used a Variax connected to the VDI while the issue happened, what I said previously doesn't apply.

Although it might be still comforting to find that the POD at least works well using its analog inputs. Hope so. Check it.

A problem occurred while using the VDI could mean that the problem comes from the POD, but also from the Variax.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 2 weeks later...