Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

bought the stagescape m20d need help

how do I get wifi ?

and if I use it as a sound card how does the sound come out of the mixer?

I have a pc that uses my pod xt and works perfect for years and years..

would you recommend a ipad that can use my toontrack drums and m20d mobile app?

I need my drums and guitar on 2 different computers? unless the m20d can run my drums and podxt my guitar from same computer!

Lots of questions here. I will try to unpack it as best as I can.

First of all, you are going to have to do some reading. Question: have you read the manual?

Wifi

Do a search in this forum and there are tons of threads about this. Look for the ones with lots of replies.

Here's one you can read and see if it helps you:

The manual covers it on page 82.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a06434c12bb52431be9dd7c2/application/pdf/StageScape M20d Advanced Guide - English ( Rev D ).pdf

Mixer as a Soundcard

You WILL have latency issues with it as the soundcard for your DAW. But for hearing your computer, you need to have a laptop / computer icon on the stage. It has internal 'inputs' on 17/18.

In the manual on page 88, the first setup example shows a computer on the stage.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a06434c12bb52431be9dd7c2/application/pdf/StageScape M20d Advanced Guide - English ( Rev D ).pdf

Your Question 3

• skip

Your Question 4

The PodXT should be into the mixer. The 'computer' doesn't run the PodXT as it is an independent device with it's own soundcard. Do not plug the XT into the computer. JUst plug its outputs into the mixer and then the computer processes your drums.

The manual is your friend.

• Upvote 1

I think you're getting too far ahead of yourself and trying to solve too many issues all at once.

Have you read through the manual and gotten the basics down at least? Yes or No?

Have you installed the Line 6 M20D audio driver? Yes or No?

Is the audio output on the computer itself (in the OS or in your DAW) set to the Stagescape M20D as your output? Yes or No?

Let's start there.

Click on the Downloads button at the top of this page. Then select StageScape in the Hardware field, select Drivers in the Software field and select your OS in the third field. Hit Go. The most recent StageScape driver will appear; select Get Download.