Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

LOW GTR VOLUME

clivea

Re: POD HD PRO X

I have my guitar, speakers/monitors volumes on full,  therefore I would expect the guitar to be BLASTING out, but I'm only getting a really low output.

The Pod Volume and Master settings are on full and the gain is on 48%.

What could be causing this?

I've had my Pod only 4 weeks and I can't seem to get it set up correctly - really frustrating!

You posted your question in the wrong forum, there is another forum dedicated to the POD HD series..

However, back to your question, make sure the OUTPUT LEVEL switch (the one related to the outputs you are using) on the rear panel of your POD is set to LINE

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

1 hour ago, hurghanico said:

You posted your question in the wrong forum, there is another forum dedicated to the POD HD series..

However, back to your question, make sure the OUTPUT LEVEL switch (the one related to the outputs you are using) on the rear panel of your POD is set to LINE

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

It is set to 'LINE'

1 hour ago, joel_brown said:

I thought this was the forum dedicated to the PODHD series ?

..the previous silverhead post should be a clear sign that the OP was in a forum other than this, before being moved here..

give a look here: https://line6.com/support/forum/20-pod-20-pod-xt-pocket-pod-floorpods/

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

17 minutes ago, clivea said:

It is set to 'LINE'

If so, the problem is elsewhere...

Does the headphones output work fine?..If yes, try to connect the headphones output to your monitors (the headphones output is a little hotter than the standard output).

If you still get low volume, then it means that your monitors need some checking.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

just to toss this out there... 

6 hours ago, clivea said:

The Pod Volume and Master settings are on full and the gain is on 48%.

With the exception of the Master Volume, the knobs on the unit mean absolutely nothing. 

10 minutes ago, clivea said:

hurghanico - monitors ok 'cos it's the same with my PA

stormstudios - the computer level is on max

If your unit is connected to the computer, open the Line6 audio driver and make sure the Hardware Monitor Level is full up.

iuVmoEG.jpg

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Are you using the Balanced or Unbalanced outputs? Use the Unbalanced output if you're using a standard guitar cable or the Balanced output if you have a TRS cable. You can tell the difference between the two because the Unbalanced cable has only one plastic ring on the tip of the plug and a Balanced will have two.   You should not be using the S/PDIF outputs. 

If you're using the Line output setting, that means you're connecting it to a mixer or recorder. Set it to Amp if you are connecting it to an amplifier. 

Also, try switching the Line Input level switch from -10 to +4. 

Also, make sure you have a preamp included in your settings. The output of guitar pickups is very low, so you need a preamp in the chain to get the level up to line level which then feeds the amplifier. 

For future reference, it will really help if you tell us what equipment you have and how they're connected.

Ok - so here's my chain ....

guitar  >  line 6 Relay G50 wireless   >  Pod HD ProX, guitar input (front)  >  I am using an Alesis Quadraverb+, loaded with 'Echoes from the Past', linked up to the Pod by the 4 cable method  >  out of the Pod unbalanced outputs L+R  >  Behringer UMC 202HD interface, inputs 1/2  >  into monitors or PA system .... usb into laptop for recording.

Hope this helps

OK, good. much easier now. 

Unplug everything from the Pod. Including the wireless. 

Plug your guitar into the pod.

Plug Pod into a guitar amp. 

Play guitar. Change patches. Create patches. Change system settings. 

What happens. 

4 hours ago, clivea said:

I'm afraid I don't have an amp

Do what pianoguyy said, but connect instead the POD (directly) to your monitor. Then report back what happens.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

the reason I said a guitar amp is because it would be the easiest... a simple 1/4" jack. 

headphones, monitors, and usb all have 'this and that'  

but, yes, do what hurghanico said - connect it directly to your whatever.  

and then do what I said -

play guitar: change patches, edit patches, change system settings

23 minutes ago, clivea said:

I have done as you suggest, but the low guitar volume is the same

Which monitor do you have?
Are there mic/line switches?

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips