Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Aux in?

bamm14

On 5/29/2020 at 12:16 PM, silverhead said:

The different shading reflects different modeling technology. The darker colours indicate models based on the latest Helix technology and the lighter colours indicate older technology. So the 70's Chorus uses Helix modeling on the BOSS CE-1 while the Analog Chorus uses older technology to model the same BOSS pedal..

1 hour ago, Digital_Igloo said:

If you set Global Settings > Ins/Outs > Return Type to "Aux In" you can use the RETURN/AUX input as a stereo Aux In. It's even silkscreened that way.

If you do it this way, I'm guessing you'd want to put your Send/Return at the end of your signal chain so it wouldn't have any effects applied to it, correct?

On 6/6/2020 at 6:25 PM, CRM114FGD135 said:

If you do it this way, I'm guessing you'd want to put your Send/Return at the end of your signal chain so it wouldn't have any effects applied to it, correct?

Nope, you don't have to worry about it at all. When Global Setting > Ins/Outs > Return Type is set to "Aux In," POD Go routes it post-processing for all presets. You can just ignore the FX Loop block at that point.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 11:05 PM, malhavok said:

You'll need to connect the USB and run the audio through that as your soundcard. Then you'll get both the music and the sound of you playing guitar.

WOW that's neat! I will need an ⅛" to ¼" converter, but that's definitely not of any issue. I'm impressed the POD Go got us covered again!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/7/2020 at 7:38 AM, Digital_Igloo said:

If you set Global Settings > Ins/Outs > Return Type to "Aux In" you can use the RETURN/AUX input as a stereo Aux In. It's even silkscreened that way.

is there a place to adjust the aux-in level? I have to maximize my device output to get a proper volume from pod go headphone out.

or will you implement it somewhere in the future?

• Upvote 1

On 11/30/2020 at 3:18 PM, px920906 said:

is there a place to adjust the aux-in level? I have to maximize my device output to get a proper volume from pod go headphone out.

or will you implement it somewhere in the future?

there is no, that's the problem in my case as well, as drum machine comes in very silent

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi. I´m new with the Pod Go.

If I wanna have background music through my flat response speaker or headphones, when I'm jamming, do I have to ways?

¿1)USB or,

2)RETURN/AUX input?

And what about the correct connections?

1)

.Mac to Pod GO by USB cable

.Pod from L/MONO Main OUT or AMP OUT to speaker

.Nothing else with configuration with the Pod? "Input" Block USB 3/4 setting?

2)

.Mac to Pod GO? By cable ¿stereo or mono? from Mac's 3.5 earphone jack to RETURN/AUX input (Setting: Global Settings > Ins/Outs > Return Type to "Aux In") - Without controlling the aux-in proper volume level-

.Pod  from L/MONO Main OUT or AMP OUT to speaker

.Do I have to set up  MIDI or AUDIO SETTINGS in my notebook?

May them work?

Well, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

RFC.-

I think the best setup is #1). Use the L/MONO (or L and R for stereo) output(s) to your speaker(s). Set those Pod Go outputs to Line level. Make sure your computer is configured to use the Pod Go as its audio device. No need for Aux input or USB 3/4.

• 7 months later...

Just want to confirm that Aux In is super quiet. Tried with bluetooth receiver paired with iPhone. Even with all the volume maxed out it was barely matching the volume of the guitar with clean preset. I wish we could regulate it somehow, eg. some knob in settings.

• 2 months later...
On 5/31/2022 at 4:39 PM, ibalashov said:

Just want to confirm that Aux In is super quiet. Tried with bluetooth receiver paired with iPhone. Even with all the volume maxed out it was barely matching the volume of the guitar with clean preset. I wish we could regulate it somehow, eg. some knob in settings.

Have you experimented with the Instrument vs. Line level settings for the FX LOOP (including Aux In) in Global Settings? 

On 8/10/2022 at 10:33 PM, silverhead said:

Have you experimented with the Instrument vs. Line level settings for the FX LOOP (including Aux In) in Global Settings? 

Yes. If I remember correctly those settings gave me the results between quiet and ultra quiet :-)

In the end I discovered that I can just connect my iPad via USB cable and playing backing tracks from there, which is what I use now.

On 8/10/2022 at 1:03 PM, peeweejd said:

Same issue as well, aux input lever is suuuuuper quiet.  It would be cool if we could adjust the level from AUX input.

I don't have a Pod Go . . . but it's based heavily upon the Helix and I did glance at the Pod Go manual which seemed to show other options. 

Doesn't the Pod Go still have an FX Loop that the levels can be adjusted? Per the manual I found this:

"Utilize the Send and Return jacks on your POD Go device to connect to and from external gear, and this block provides control over panning and levels"

The manual seems to imply that when you use global settings to set this as "return type > aux in" that it's still connected to the FX block, it just stays engaged no matter what you do. What does the FX block do? Is it still selectable? Do the "levels" option referred to above disapear or become inaccessible? That's where I'd first start to modify volume. 

However, even if the level option does disapear and Line 6 totally missed this critical option, and you can't use USB as an option (always the best choice in my opinion), my suggestion would be to ditch the whole global aux setup and keep it as a stereo FX return. That's exactly how I've used the Helix FX return numerous times and it's great. Assuming your music player has a standard 1/8 jack, you'll need a cable like the below, and you'll need to place the FX Loop at the end of your signal chain so it isn't processed by the other blocks.  Then simply adjust the "levels" option on the FX Loop block. 

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Housing-Compatible-Theater-Amplifiers/dp/B00Y2LANNW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=18Y53KU0SEG28&keywords=1%2F4+to+1%2F8+trs+cable&qid=1660678990&sprefix=1%2F4+to+1%2F8+trs+cable%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-3