Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I use a tube amp with helix native for effects?

willyjacksonjs22

I’m planing to sell my hx stomp, use Native and purchase a Prs Mt15 with a two notes captor device. Im picturing this right now,  if I plug the captor to my audio interface and try to use native at the same time, the captor will sound bad because Record monitoring on the Daw will be active. And I f it’s off then native won’t work.

is there a way this two could work together? Thanks 

This is a bad plan. You're introducing latency all over the place, and tethering yourself to a computer.

Keep the Stomp. Learn how to use it.

Getting a tube amp is NOT a shortcut to your perfect tone.

Don't misunderstand. I have a tube amp, which I sometimes like to use with the Stomp as pre/post effects. As was intended by the makers.

Horses for courses.

• Upvote 1

Before you even considering selling/buying anything, absolutely go get the demo version of Native and set it up on your computer and play through. Some people can deal with the latency and some can't. You must find out which camp you are in before you put out $$$!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jorgealberto25 said:

if I plug the captor to my audio interface and try to use native at the same time, the captor will sound bad because Record monitoring on the Daw will be active. And I f it’s off then native won’t work.

is there a way this two could work together? Thanks 

The Captor won't sound bad because of needing to use the track monitoring, that's just the facts of life, and it's not the same as having it on when live monitoring through the Stomp, which causes an echo effect due to the latency of the signal through the DAW.

Also, keep in mind that you lose live control of effects and snapshots unless you buy a MIDI Controller. If I recall, you have a Scarlett 2i2, and that doesn't have MIDI. So there's another upgrade you'll need.

Again, bad move all around. Keep your Stomp.

• Upvote 1

r2drk

yeah you are right about the latency. If I had pedals it would be totally different. 
I will keep the stomp and save money for the tube and a captor to get some experience with analog and digital. Oh man I just love playing the 6505 with an evh 2x12 at GC lol 

oh so I don’t post another thing. I noticed when using the stomp as an audio interface, I don’t have a problem with noise when using high gain tones with the spark plugin. I only have the problem with my focusrite Scarlett. Do you know what could be the problem? Thanks 

Edit: other plugins do fine. It’s just spark with focusrite.

22 minutes ago, jorgealberto25 said:

r2drk

yeah you are right about the latency. If I had pedals it would be totally different. 
I will keep the stomp and save money for the tube and a captor to get some experience with analog and digital. Oh man I just love playing the 6505 with an evh 2x12 at GC lol 

oh so I don’t post another thing. I noticed when using the stomp as an audio interface, I don’t have a problem with noise when using high gain tones with the spark plugin. I only have the problem with my focusrite Scarlett. Do you know what could be the problem? Thanks 

Edit: other plugins do fine. It’s just spark with focusrite.

If the other plugins work fine, it's just Spark that has the problem, then, ummmm........................