Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

help with 2 amp setup and volume boost

MrDan679

Hey guys,

how do you setup 2 amps? At the moment I only use 2 amps (Placater and Matchless) on the first DSP signal chain.

If I put the second amp with the cab on the second DSP chain I always hear the dry signal of the guitar coming through too.

So if I only use the placater for example and bypass the matchless I always hear the dry of the guitar mixed in the marshall

sound. Any ideas what I m doing wrong. Each amp would have it's own IR on both signal chains.

Second problem I have is when I use a wah and a volume boost at the end of the chain for leads.

When activating the wah it always activates the volume boost as well. How do you setup a lead volume boost?

I'm still using the 2.80 software.

Thanks

Are you routing the Path A Output Block to Path B? If you don't, the sound from Path A is being sent out separately from Path B. You also won't get the amp on Path A processed by the effects on Path B and vice versa.

The bypass on whatever it is you're using for a Volume Boost is set to the Expression Pedal Toe Switch. Assign it to a different switch.

Why are you still on v2.80? UPDATE! IF you follow the instructions (install HX Edit v2.92 FIRST and update the FW from HX Edit) you'll be happy you did!

3 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Are you routing the Path A Output Block to Path B? If you don't, the sound from Path A is being sent out separately from Path B. You also won't get the amp on Path A processed by the effects on Path B and vice versa.

The bypass on whatever it is you're using for a Volume Boost is set to the Expression Pedal Toe Switch. Assign it to a different switch.

Why are you still on v2.80? UPDATE! IF you follow the instructions (install HX Edit v2.92 FIRST and update the FW from HX Edit) you'll be happy you did!

Thanks the volume boost setting worked.

Which input do you choose for the 2 signal path? Even if I use 2 separately outputs they still share the same input...

If Your signal path is Input>PathA>PathB>Output(s) and you're playing a guitar with passive pickups use the Multi or Guitar Input. For active pickups, if the signal is clipping the input and the Input Pad doesn't help, use AUX.

If you're using two instruments there's many ways to do it, you'd have to be more specific. What EXACTLY are you trying to accomplish?

Thanks I‘m basically trying to set a 2 amp setup, one for clean the other for dirty with 2 dedicated IRs...that’s the idea...if I use both on the same path there‘s not much more Dsp power left for effects and other stuff...

I've attached a sample preset.

Path A is the Placater Clean panned full LEFT.

Path B is the Placater Dirty Panned full RIGHT.

Though the paths are separate, and use separate outputs, they both use the same input.

The LEFT output goes to the amp you're using for CLEAN, the RIGHT output goes to the amp you're using for DIRTY.

I've used CABs since IRs don't export. Just replace the CAB blocks with IRs.

There's other ways to do this, but this is the most straightforward.

MrDan679.hlx

• Like 1