Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UA LUNA and Helix Native

andre_guima

Hey guys,

I am now experimenting with recently launched Universal Audio's  DAW called "LUNA".

Apparently, LUNA doesn't not recognise Helix Native as plugin or audio units.

Does anyone have tried anything or know if there is any sort of compatibility ?

Regards

Andre

From the LUNA Documentation:

Supported Plug-In Formats

LUNA supports UAD Powered Plug-Ins, LUNA Extensions, LUNA Instruments, and Audio Units (AU) plug-ins. LUNA Extensions include Tape Machines and Neve Summing. Extensions are incorporated into the LUNA workflow. Instruments appear in a separate plug-ins list from insert effect plug-ins.

From the Helix Native Pilot's Guide:

This guide contains details of the Helix Native plug-in's features and functionality. All behaviors are the same on Mac and Windows (and for all plug-in formats—AAX, AU, VST3 & VST2) unless otherwise noted. For the most part, the many host DAW applications on the market work very similarly in respect to how you insert and utilize effects plug-ins. However, each host may have some unique features and settings you'll want to take advantage of, so be sure to read through your host DAW application's user documentation as well.

• Like 1

To be honest, none of us even looked at LUNA because it was released very recently and none of our quarantined QA guys own Universal Audio interfaces.

Out of curiosity, are all of your other third-party AU plugins working in LUNA?

I also ran into some issues in LUNA with Helix Native and all of my other 3rd Party Plugins. No audio would process through the plugin until I turned off the Toggle ARM Mode feature (icon looks like a target) in the Global section in the Transport area. Clicking on the yellow target icon will make it gray and it will then be turned off. The plugins will not be displayed in the plugin list if the "ARM" feature in engaged.

If you follow those steps you should be good to go…

1. Add a new Audio track 

2. Click on + for Inserts 

3. Add an instance of Helix Native

4. Make sure Toggle ARM Mode is Off

5. Pass audio 

This video will be helpful as well....

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 10.49.30 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So, if I'm understanding what they've done, they've taken the common DAW terminology of "ARM track for recording", and changed it to "Record Enable the track", so that they can use ARM to identify that you're using their proprietary Plugin tech called "Accelerated Realtime Monitoring". Makes sense I suppose.

Lots of grumbling about LUNA over on gearslutz. I don't think I'm gonna jump on that band wagon to even trial it out, at least not    for      a           long                          while,

16 hours ago, jvesely said:

I also ran into some issues in LUNA with Helix Native and all of my other 3rd Party Plugins. No audio would process through the plugin until I turned off the Toggle ARM Mode feature (icon looks like a target) in the Global section in the Transport area. Clicking on the yellow target icon will make it gray and it will then be turned off. The plugins will not be displayed in the plugin list if the "ARM" feature in engaged.

If you follow those steps you should be good to go…

1. Add a new Audio track 

2. Click on + for Inserts 

3. Add an instance of Helix Native

4. Make sure Toggle ARM Mode is Off

5. Pass audio 

This video will be helpful as well....

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 10.49.30 AM.png

nice...thanks!

Now I got it working. Seems to be working fine so far...

Andre 

• Upvote 1