Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Installing Flash Memory Upgrade on HD500X WITHOUT Monkey

ksandahl

Is there any way to install the Flash Memory upgrade on an HD500X without using Monkey?  I run MacOS Catalina and there is no working version of Monkey for Catalina currently available.  How can I get the Flash Memory upgrade onto the device?

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, sotjas said:

Did you get a response to this? I have the same issue.

Unless device malfunctions occur firmware flashing is a one-time-only procedure, and there will be no new firmwares for the POD in the future.
So why not use any PC to do just that?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, modesto77 said:

Ditto.
Makes me think twice about buying a new product that will end up in landfill in 5 years. 

Well, the HD series was first introduced in 2010, and it received the last firmware updates in 2015, but it’s not like they all died after that.

Line 6 Monkey will still work on the latest versions of Windows. It’s Apple’s decision to drop 32-but support that has been problematic.

• 1 year later...

Actually, 64 bit had been a long time coming. MOST software distributers were aware, and prepared for that switch in hardware. Line6 made the decision to not port Monkey over to 64 bit. This is something they could have/should have done. But, when you build a good product, you want to build in some sort of obsolescence, or you wont sell any of the new. Well, that is the thought. They could have ported it over, and not lost a dime. Sux to be us I guess. :-(

Retired I.T. professional......