Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powercab 212 with HX Stomp

guitarbloke

So I was just wondering... 

If I had a Powercab 212, would I be able to connect both my HX Stomp directly to it, AND my amp head and use them both independently, as well as combined??

I was thinking I'd like to use the amp head for clean sounds, and the HX Stomp for dirty.  

If that's possible, then is it also possible to have both connected to the powercab 212 and also have them interact with each other (only on on certain presets/snapshots) - i.e 

Preset 1/ Snapshot 1:  Could I use my amp head clean sound, but add chorus from the HX Stomp?

Preset 1 / Snapshot 2:  Could I bypass my amp head and enable a modelled preamp and OD pedal from the HX Stomp?

49 minutes ago, EdwinV said:

Yes, you can do that. Check page 8 of the HX Stomp manual at “HX Stomp in a Hybrid Amp/Direct Setup”. You can set up the split (balance) behavior per the snapshot. 

Thank you!  I'll check it out :-)

1 hour ago, EdwinV said:

Yes, you can do that. Check page 8 of the HX Stomp manual at “HX Stomp in a Hybrid Amp/Direct Setup”. You can set up the split (balance) behavior per the snapshot. 

Add to EdwinV's post:

In the signal chain, add a Stomp Amp/Preamp.

Assign a single footswitch to both the FX Loop L Block and the Stomp Amp/Preamp Block, and SAVE the preset with one ON (default on preset load) and the other OFF

Pressing that switch will toggle between your Amp's Preamp and the Stomp Amp/Preamp.

Instead of taking the L/Mono Out to the Amp's FX Return, take both outs to the Powercab.

NOTES:

If you want to get your Amp's poweramp flavor in to the mix, or your amp doesn't have an FX Loop, you'll need to get a Reactive Load Box and take the Line Out from the RLB to the Stomp Return instead of using the Amp's FX Send.

Your Amp may require a load (speaker) be connected. Operating this type of amp without a load connected can damage the amp. BE CAREFUL!