Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 spider v60 mkii---Noiz problem---

apostolatos

Good evening to everyone...I just bought my new Line 6 spider v60 mkii...I'm very satisfied but i have a problem witch is very ennoying to me...when i put my guitar cable to the amp it starts to make a small noiz (the classic noiz of electr guitars) and the noiz is going worse when i m trying to give more volume...i was expecting that i could play (at home maybe with my headphones) and there ll be no noiz in this very low volume i m useying for practise...does anybody has any idea if i can make it no noiz with anyway?

thanx a lot!!!

What kind of guitar are you playing- single coil or humbucker. If it's a single coil, you'll hear hum especially if you are playing a high gain amp model. It's picking up electrical noise around the guitar. If you have a dimmer on your lights, you might try turning it off. They are notorious for sending electrical noise around the house. If it's a humbucker guitar, you might have a problem with the AC wiring in your house. In either case, use the gate module to reduce the loudness of the hum. Just be careful not to set it too high, or you'll choke off the sustain of the guitar.