Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Uninstall HD Model Pack from Pod HD Pro / Pro X

rrguitars

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.

I'll try that Punkyboy.

Pianoguyy - Why?...I bought this used through GC. The display in my Pod HD Pro X shows Metal Pack. I may have had the Metal pack but because I don't have a license for it the models are not available. I assume this happened when I ran the license manager when I first got it. So if I don't own a license for the Metal pack why does it continue to show in the display? I just don't want it to be there if it's not available.

OR....because the display shows Metal pack does that mean the models are available? Maybe I just don't know what to look for. I use this for effects only in a 4 cable setup and I really don't pay any attention to the amps and cab models and the names they use for them.

1 hour ago, rrguitars said:

The display in my Pod HD Pro X shows Metal Pack

If the display shows that you have the metal pack it means that the related add-on amp models are still available to be used when you build/edit patches, which thing makes your unit more appealing for future buyers in case you decide to resell it at some point.

Only the one who bought the model pack license can de-authorize your unit with the dedicated command, and he should have the unit close to him and connected by USB when he does the procedure, unless he gives to you his Line6 account ID and password to let you do the procedure by yourself.

However due to the Line6 protection against piracy, if you run the license manager being logged in with your Line6 account and with the device connected by USB, the model pack in your device should be automatically de-authorized (and it should disappear) since the license manager can see (once you're logged in) that you are not the owner of the license.

If you will never login into the license manager app, the model pack will stay into your unit forever.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

2 hours ago, rrguitars said:

The display in my Pod HD Pro X shows Metal Pack

then they are on the unit

2 hours ago, rrguitars said:

Maybe I just don't know what to look for.

you just don't know what to look for

*I initially asked in case you were trying to sell the unit or something. 

8 hours ago, rrguitars said:

Once they're in there can they be removed?

if you had read my reply and understood what I wrote, you should already know the answer to your question.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

My unit shows I have the model pack.

I can use these models any way I choose in my unit.

I've run the License Manager and Monkey with my unit connected by USB to my computer.

I've reinstalled the latest firmware without saving my settings.

Neither one had any affect on my unit so regardless of the piracy protection my model pack is available and I don't have a license for it.

I was able to register the serial number of my unit so I'm sure there are no duplicates of the serial number.

So the conclusion must be Line 6 recognizes there's only one copy of the purchased model pack installed in one unit.

The license manager must be able to read that, verify there are no other copies in any other units and just lets it go.

It appears if I want to reset my unit to it's factory settings I can't - technically.

1 hour ago, rrguitars said:

I've run the License Manager

Ok.. but did you also login your account from within the license manager window?

If yes, then there is some anomaly in the app behavior.. or maybe recently Line6 changed its license use rules..

well, in any case the model pack will not disturb your use of the unit in any way, and if some day you want to re-sell it you can ask a bit more for it compared to the average price for the same unit without any model pack.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips