Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Tap Tempo button

thomasDS

I have a problem with the helix tap tempo button not responding as it should. This is a problem for a lot of people, when you start reading on the internet. Having owned a DL4, a podxt live and pod HD500 where the tap tempo buttons all reacted well, this baffled me because, hey, technology should be improving over the years...

I have been tinkering with that button quite a while and i've become convinced that the problem lies with the touch sensitive buttons. In my experience, the HX unit reads false tempo's when you hold your foot/hand on the button between taps. When you lift your foot/hand, it reacts properly. Unfortunately, I do rest my foot on the button a lot while tapping.

Do you think it is plausible that this is the cause of this problem? And if so, is there a way to get rid of the touch sensitivity for this one button? And I mean completely getting rid of it because disabling touch for '"stomp select" in global settings doesn't solve the trick.

Interesting. I only tap with my feet and they aren't bare so no skin contact. I haven't experienced this. Your theory seems plausible. Maybe try wrapping the "head" of that switch with some electrical tape to prevent contact.

• Like 1

The touch sensitive buttons give me a lot of grief on stages and in practice. They trigger when I don't expect it.... for whatever reason. I love the feature, and use it during programming and editing, but during live use - I turn off "touch" in the global settings. 

3 minutes ago, codamedia said:

The touch sensitive buttons give me a lot of grief on stages and in practice. They trigger when I don't expect it.... for whatever reason. I love the feature, and use it during programming and editing, but during live use - I turn off "touch" in the global settings. 

I would think that would be normal practice. Touch sensitive for programming, off for live use.