Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What driver should i use for Helix LT?

MarcDwonn

I thought that since v2.8 we only need HXEdit and no other software to run the Helix/LT together with a PC and update the firmware. But only with HXEdit installed, it can't connect to any devices. Did i misremember something?

Now, when i search for a driver download for my device, it shows me a bunch of different download links, mainly Line 6 WinUsb and Line 6 Driver2. Which one do i need for Helix LT? Do i need to install both? If i install only the first one (which seems to be required) and not the second one, do i miss out on some features? It's very confusing...

I hope that someone with better knowledge than me can help me clear up the confusion. :)

The HX Edit file that you download is an installer package that installs several components, including both drivers you mention. You need both of them. As I understand it the WinUSB driver supports general PC audio and the Line 6 Driver 2 is the ASIO driver that supports connected Line 6 devices as an audio interface to a DAW.

Thanks! That helped me sort it out. I just ran HXEdit installer again and installed everything.

I would be wise though, for Line6 to give better explanations in the installer, what each component does and for what it is needed. That would prevent confusing situations like this. :)

2 hours ago, s_popov said:

Thanks! That helped me sort it out. I just ran HXEdit installer again and installed everything.

I would be wise though, for Line6 to give better explanations in the installer, what each component does and for what it is needed. That would prevent confusing situations like this. :)

Actually the installation instructions from Line 6 are quite explicit about what and how to load everything and make no mention at all of the installer because it's not a part of the installation process.  Even if you just download and run the updated HX Edit it walks you through the entire process of getting everything updated from the HX Edit installation program.  It's pretty hard to screw it up unless you don't read the install instruction.