Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

controlling Powercab + IRS via Helix and HXEdit

kranku68

Hello everybody,

so i've been using my helix for one year now and i've bought recently a beautiful 212 plus ( to replace my 112+...stereo you know...).

I wasn't using IRs with my 112 + but i wanted to test this option with my 212+

So i've created some presets with IRS on my 212+ using the editor...everything working manually.

when i want to load the preset using HXedit in a snapshot or a preset, that's not working....but you have the powercab IR button in the program....so ! am i missing something ?...

why should i use MIDI CC when it should possible via may L6 link AES/EBU ?

anyone can answer to this tremendous question ?

regards from France

Gilles

When you're controlling the Powercab from the Helix with the L6 Link connection, you don't change presets on the Powercab. You just control all the settings in the Powercab in the Helix preset and/or snapshot. So if you want to select a different IR in the Powercab in a Helix preset, you select the User IR tab, like you said, and then select which IR you want using the parameter labeled "User IR [1+2]" in HX Edit. The IR number don't correspond to the Powercab presets. They correspond to the position of the IR in the library in Powercab Edit.

image.png.7bf87dfbc14e7ab42b9a0640331b8389.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/13/2020 at 11:41 PM, phil_m said:

When you're controlling the Powercab from the Helix with the L6 Link connection, you don't change presets on the Powercab. You just control all the settings in the Powercab in the Helix preset and/or snapshot. So if you want to select a different IR in the Powercab in a Helix preset, you select the User IR tab, like you said, and then select which IR you want using the parameter labeled "User IR [1+2]" in HX Edit. The IR number don't correspond to the Powercab presets. They correspond to the position of the IR in the library in Powercab Edit.

image.png.7bf87dfbc14e7ab42b9a0640331b8389.png

I wish it would say the name you've given it in powercab edit instead having to recall what number belongs with it. Also: the display on the pc doesnt change?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue with my presets between my Helix and PowerCab+. 

I've made all of the necessary changes on the Helix as described in the Helix LT 3.0 manual.  I've connected a Monoprice AES/EBU Cable between the Helix and the PowerCab+  but when I change from one preset to the another preset with differing specs.  As an example I put my Taylor acoustic guitar through the Helix and use the Flat speaker setting on both the Helix and the PowerCab+ then I shift over to an electric guitar say using a preset for a Fender Deluxe with the Jarvis speaker on the Helix the PowerCab does not follow with the proper speaker model.  It stays where ever it was already previously set.

What am I doing wrong here

15 hours ago, davidberrigan said:

I've made all of the necessary changes on the Helix as described in the Helix LT 3.0 manual.  I've connected a Monoprice AES/EBU Cable between the Helix and the PowerCab+  but when I change from one preset to the another preset with differing specs.  As an example I put my Taylor acoustic guitar through the Helix and use the Flat speaker setting on both the Helix and the PowerCab+ then I shift over to an electric guitar say using a preset for a Fender Deluxe with the Jarvis speaker on the Helix the PowerCab does not follow with the proper speaker model.  It stays where ever it was already previously set.

Hi Dave, Is the Monoprice AES/EBU identical to  a Line 6 Link cable? If so it should work but you need to right click on the speaker selection and select it as following snapshots. If it still won't take them have a look in the command settings and make sure you have the correct snapshot behavior selected - its something to do with maintaining the changes you made when you leave and return to the snapshot; and not just stay on the same settings as initially programed. Sorry if its a little vague but I don't have my Helix here ...

On 2/23/2021 at 5:47 AM, davedivessails said:

Hi Dave, Is the Monoprice AES/EBU identical to  a Line 6 Link cable? If so it should work but you need to right click on the speaker selection and select it as following snapshots. If it still won't take them have a look in the command settings and make sure you have the correct snapshot behavior selected - its something to do with maintaining the changes you made when you leave and return to the snapshot; and not just stay on the same settings as initially programed. Sorry if its a little vague but I don't have my Helix here ...

Well I tried what you suggested.  I went to PowerCab tab within the Helix.  Right clicked on speaker selection (Jarvis) and chose Snapshot.  Nothing changed.

I checked the specs for the cable and this is what they were according to the manufacturer:

"Distribute digital DMX or AES/EBU (aka AES3) data signals safely and reliably using this 3-pin DMX Lighting ; AES/EBU Cable from Monoprice! This cable is designed for accurate transmission of digital audio and DMX lighting control data. It features a twisted pair of 22AWG conductors wrapped in a double layer shielding composed of copper braid and aluminum foil. The two shield layers combine to provide 100% shield coverage for the conductors. The input end of the cable is terminated in a 3-pin male XLR connector, while the output end terminates in 3-pin female XLR connector. The cable has a nominal impedance of 110-120 ohms."

In the PowerCab+ manual it states the following:

NOTE: A 110Ω type XLR cable should be used for all L6 LINK and AES connections.

Is there something that I'm missing

Line6 capture.pdf

Edited by davidberrigan
I included my initial question

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 12:48 PM, davidberrigan said:

When you control the Powercab+ from your Helix as shown in the screen prints above, the Indicator on the Powercab doesn't change.   When you flip through options via HX Edit with your Helix, you can hear the differences between the modes, models, and IRs.  I hope they get around to remedying this because it doesn't inspire confidence when you are building your patches.

Hi

Thanks.  No I was aware of the light not changing but my problem is that either the PC+  is stuck on the Vintage speaker or the HF driver is not kicking in except when you move the rotory dial to FLAT .  So I can flip through the all the speaker presets on the HELIX PC+ tab but and they don't change.