Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

nevinpark

nevinpark

I bought a new helix in Oct 2016. I never had a computer to upgrade the soft/firmware until a few days ago (MacBook Pro). My Helix is only ver 1.06.5. 

I've installed the updater but only get a black page when it asks for me to choose a device. I haven't a clue what my next step might be. 

I've also created a number of my own patches in the last four years that I'd rather not lose if possible. 

Can anyone recommend any video I can watch or articles I could read etc, that would certainly be great. My tap tempo for example has never worked since the day I bought it.

Thanks for your time! 

Brad at Nevin Park

Read and follow the installation instructions that are posted with the latest HX Edit software, v2.92.

Note the introductory comment highlighted in red text at the beginning of these instructions. And note that I haven’t really done so (well, maybe a little bit by saying this)!

Ok, I’ve got HX Edit installed and I’m signed into my account but I’m only getting a red “connection interrupted” at the bottom with reconnect not connecting. 
This now my current sum knowledge of how this might work. Thanks though. 

I have two on either side of the new MacBook Pro and have tried both to no success. I only have one usb cable with the square connector on one end that I’ve used for a number of years for my midi controller kbd. I’ll go and get a new cable tomorrow and see if that works. 

thanks for checking in!

I’ll let you know if that works tomorrow evening sometime. 

7 hours ago, nevinpark said:

Ok, I’ve got HX Edit installed and I’m signed into my account but I’m only getting a red “connection interrupted” at the bottom with reconnect not connecting. 
This now my current sum knowledge of how this might work. Thanks though. 

I just want to check something....

When you installed HX Edit did you install all the listed components, especially the drivers?

It ‘installed successfully’ it told me. Come to think of it, the Helix Floor was recognized and it is a four year old unit that’s never been tweaked, so it is connected in a way, just not following through. I never thought to look for drivers. Hmmmm. 

I've pretty much done all it instructs; latest HX edit, installed the latest driver etc. It's at step 2 #3 that HX Edit keeps saying 'connection interrupted' and that's where we stop.

Tantalizingly close, but no cigar.  

I bought a new usb cable today, tried both USB ports on the MacBook etc. The guy at the music store today thought there might have been a version of HX Edit a few releases back that have some components in it I don't have.....or something. 

It may be time to try to contact Line 6 and get a service ticket, or just effing call them. 

update: I just did a service ticket with Line 6. We'll see what we'll see I guess.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Silverhead,

I thought I should let you know that my Helix issues have been sorted out. I needed to go waaay back and download the editor (ver 1.4) from 2016 before the Mac and the Helix would see each other. After that all went as advertised. Thank you once more for your kind assistance and time. I’m up to date!! 
Best wishes,

Brad at Nevin Park

Dear Silverhead,

I thought I should let you know that my Helix issues have been sorted out. I needed to go waaay back and download the editor (ver 1.4) from 2016 before the Mac and the Helix would see each other. After that all went as advertised. Thank you once more for your kind assistance and time. I’m up to date!! 
Best wishes,

Brad at Nevin Park