Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How much power does Firehawk actually draw? Can I split its power to a second FX pedal?

peanutismint

I'm trying to power my Firehawk and another small stomp box off the same PSU. 

The Firehawk one says it is good for 3000mA, which in my experience (having powered multiple stomp boxes from a single 1000mA supply in the past) should be enough for the Firehawk and then some, but when I try to daisy-chain the power with a splitter cable I get horrible hum/digitial whine on my signal. One usual cause for this is drawing too much power from one PSU by connecting multiple pedals, but like I say I've had several pedals happily powered from one 1000mA supply in the past, so my question is, how much power does the Firehawk actually draw, and is my over-drawing of current the reason behind this hum/whine, or it is something else (like a ground loop issue or my splitter cable needing to be grounded better or something)??

I'd love to know because I'd rather not have to take up TWO spots on my power strip just to power my Firehawk and a tuner pedal or something....