Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Rack Locking Up/Freezing

ancker

Firmware 2.92. Upgraded by the book, did the update, reset, restore from backup, etc, etc.

Recently my Helix Rack has been locking up when switching between presets. I noticed it mostly when changing presets via the Control footswitches.

I also just noticed it when using HX Edit. If double-click a different preset, it pops up an error saying it can't select the preset. HX Edit then disconnects.

Error: "Timeout waiting for a response from the device. code -8212"

Just to describe a little more, when I say it locks up/freezes. It's completely unresponsive. The only fix is to turn it off, then back on. This usually fixes it, but it usually comes back after some undetermined length of time or sequence of actions occur.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I think I might try a factory reset and restore from backup to see if that helps things.

48 minutes ago, ancker said:

Firmware 2.92. Upgraded by the book, did the update, reset, restore from backup, etc, etc.

Recently my Helix Rack has been locking up when switching between presets. I noticed it mostly when changing presets via the Control footswitches.

I also just noticed it when using HX Edit. If double-click a different preset, it pops up an error saying it can't select the preset. HX Edit then disconnects.

Error: "Timeout waiting for a response from the device. code -8212"

Just to describe a little more, when I say it locks up/freezes. It's completely unresponsive. The only fix is to turn it off, then back on. This usually fixes it, but it usually comes back after some undetermined length of time or sequence of actions occur.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I think I might try a factory reset and restore from backup to see if that helps things.

try to back up you set-list files before doing that

• 2 months later...