Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to Toggle to Max of One parameter and Min of Another in Stomp Mode

jvivianojr

Hello,   I am new to Helix and have learned a ton the past 2 months reading all the wisdom on this forum.  Thank you!

I would like to have a Footswitch assigned to modify 2 parameters on an Amp Block.  In this case I wish to INCREASE the Drive parameter and DECREASE the Channel Volume to create a CRUNCH-like footswitch while maintaining consistent volume levels.

In working with assigning multiple parameters to a footswitch, it seems that it can only toggle ALL the parameters to the Max value at one time then ALL of them back to the MIN value at one time; not one to Max while the other to Min.

I understand that this may be easily doable with Snapshots, however I am still figuring out how that might fit into my live gigs based on the diversity of situations I am in given I have grown up used to stomp boxes.  I will get there for sure as I know they are powerful.

For now, I appreciate understanding if what I would like to do is possible with footswitches in stomp mode.

If not using snapshots, in stomp mode, this is easier to set up in HX edit. Just set the "max" param to a lower setting than the "min" param.

If you are using Snapshots, assign to snapshot by holding knob first time you turn it. Then just set it in each snapshot. Here's is a vid with some snapshots info when working directly on the unit.

• Upvote 1

All MIN means is the value of the parameter when the Switch is OFF (LED not lit). Conversely, MAX is simply the value of the parameter when the Switch is ON (LED ON).

Each parameter assigned to a single switch will have it's own MIN/MAX settings. Set them any way you like!

• Upvote 1