Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is anyone Using Their Pod Go for effects with Their Amp?

JMolson

36 minutes ago, silverhead said:

I have used it. Worked as expected. Any specific questions?

I couldn´t find any video showing the differences between 4CM and 2CM (I just made it up), specifically made with POD Go.

1 hour ago, silverhead said:

I have used it. Worked as expected. Any specific questions?

I am curious as to the quality of the effects, and the ability to place effects before or after the amp.

I do have a Helix rack unit but it's in a different rack in my studio. I'd like to use the Pod go with my tube amps that are all in a different cabinet hooked to a Kahayan 8x4..

Effects quality: Well, they are the same FX that are in other Line 6 devices. Some are more recent using Helix technology while the legacy FX use older technology. You’ll have to do your general research to compare quality with other market options. I think they’re great but that may not mean anything.

Regarding FX placement before or after the amp: yes, that’s what 4CM does.

Using 4CM with your tube amps: you just need to make sure that your amps have an FX Loop.

• Thanks 1

If you have no interest in amp models and HX FX might be a better option...But GO does make for a really nice spare if you blow a tube and have to run direct....

4CM in POD GO is not much different than anything else...It does have an advantage that you can tweak the patches to allow yourself to run direct in tandem with 4cm....true dual mode summed output....

GTR->GO GTR Input

GO FX Send->AMP IN(Preamp OUT)

AMP FX Send->GO FX RTN

GO AMP OUT->AMP FX RTN (Power Amp IN)

As long as you put the CAB/IR Block at the end of the chain and set the AMP OUT to be CAB/IR....you can use the MAIN outs to run a direct feed in tandem....Very nice for live as it reduces the noise floor....Just have to plow thru and find Cab IR you like....Really only need one in this sort of situation I think.

• Thanks 1