Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switching between songs when using snapshots takes forever

GitaarGek52

Okay, so I use the HX Helix Effects.
So I make my four snapshots with four different sounds within a song and that works just fine.

However when I want to go to the next song I have to switch from snaphot mode back to bank mode. Next comes the presets mode 
and then I am back in snapshot mode. 

Only then can I select the next song .

It takes forever..Is there an easier way? 

If so; please let me know.

Ton E

If your presets are in order of your setlist, you could look at changing the function of FS1 and FS5 to Preset Up and Down rather than Bank Up and Down. You can do that under Global Settings>Footswitches>Up/Dn Switches, or you can simply hold both of those footswitches down for a few seconds scroll to the Preset Up/Down.

20 hours ago, GitaarGek52 said:

Okay, so I use the HX Helix Effects.
So I make my four snapshots with four different sounds within a song and that works just fine.

However when I want to go to the next song I have to switch from snaphot mode back to bank mode. Next comes the presets mode 
and then I am back in snapshot mode. 

Only then can I select the next song .

It takes forever..Is there an easier way? 

If so; please let me know.

Ton E

I use the App Bandhelper for notes, words, chords, tempos etc. but also for MIDI control. When use Bandhelper to advance to the next song on the setlist, I have it set to program change the Helix to the patch that I want and set the tempo (impacting delay and other time based effects). I purchased some Bluetooth MIDI adapters for my Helix so these "connect" wirelessly to my iPad. Bandhelper will work with most iPad and Android devices, even your phone. Even, it you don't use if for chord and lyric cheats, the setlist and MIDI feature is awesome.

• Upvote 1