Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L3T has an echo

I have plugged my Martin D-41SP with a Schertler bluestick pickup straight into my L3t speaker.  When I play I hear a distinct electronic echo in the speaker.  Its almost like an electronic delay of some sort. 

Has anyone heard this or had any issues with this?

Thanks

Ive played it through a small Trace Elliott TA-50 amp with no problems.  its just this guitar/ speaker combo.  I have a Martin HD-28 that sounds fine.  it has a martin thinline pickup.  The D41 just has a lot of high end sound and that darned echo thing.  it takes a second to notice it, ill try to get a recording of it if i can

30 minutes ago, padolin said:

You can here it in this recording in the first strum really well.  Its definitely electronic in nature and not the guitar.

New Recording.m4a 240.76 kB · 2 downloads

I guess I don’t quite know what I’m supposed to be listening for in that clip, because I don’t really hear anything out of the ordinary... Perhaps a little ringing of some sort? I listened to it both with my iPhone speakers and my Airpod Pros just to be sure... 

Sorry I’m not able to be of more help.

Im using channel one.  the first strum is just the 6 strings.  then after that you hear 3 more notes.  The guitar doesnt have any controls for the pickup. 

its clearest right after the first strum right after the last string is played

16 minutes ago, padolin said:

Im using channel one.  the first strum is just the 6 strings.  then after that you hear 3 more notes.  The guitar doesnt have any controls for the pickup. 

its clearest right after the first strum right after the last string is played

I do hear those notes... I actually thought those were you hitting harmonics upon first listen. I don’t really know what could be causing that. 

I have all of the EQ knobs set at about the 1-2 o'clock position.  verb and mod knobs are all the way down.  modeling is off.  feedback suppression is on and the dual mono switch is set to the dual mono side, not the stereo link.   this is on a single speaker, they are not linked. 

update....   I have two of these speakers.   i set them side by side identical settings.   one does the "echo"  the other doesnt.   ill  contact  Line 6 and to a trouble ticket.  Thanks everyone