Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X Post Amp Model Effects With L6 Link and DT50

sorcerer532

I just bought a DT50 and am waiting for it's arrival, and though I've looked I've not found an answer to this question:

Do effect blocks after the amp model on an HD500X preset act like they are in the effects loop of the DT amp or are they all placed in front of the amp's preamp?

Using L6 Link is like guitar cable signal path, only it's digital. FX sends and returns using 1/4" guitar cables are analog,

so the FX sends and returns aren't used. Whatever FX come out of the 500X goes to the amp. And whatever tone and reverb

is in the DT50 will also be part of that sound.

Also, check my post on tubes, it will come in handy when it's time for its periodical tube replacements.

Rock and roll!

29 minutes ago, psarkissian said:

Using L6 Link is like guitar cable signal path, only it's digital. FX sends and returns using 1/4" guitar cables are analog,

so the FX sends and returns aren't used. Whatever FX come out of the 500X goes to the amp. And whatever tone and reverb

is in the DT50 will also be part of that sound.

Also, check my post on tubes, it will come in handy when it's time for its periodical tube replacements.

Thanks! I saw an option to output the signal directly after the HD amp model via L6 Link in the L6 Link Connectivity Guide:

"Amp Model A, Amp Model B or Amp A/B sends the output directly from the respective Amp Model(s), wherever they reside within the signal flow. This audio signal includes FX Models positioned before the selected Amp Model, but not FX Models positioned after the Amp Model."

...seems like that would allow us to use the effects send on the DT amps to take up the remainder of the signal chain, though I think the only way to run that in stereo would be with a MIDI cable between the amps and the effects return of the HD500X connected to the return of the second DT amp.

Thanks for the tube post! I saw it and have your links to Full Compass bookmarked for when the time comes.