Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flashing Tap Light?

gwishon

Another way to look at it is simply for every flash is when the delay will hit. When playing a song, "tap" the tap tempo button to the beat and your delay times will sync up, very useful once you get the hang of it. You'll find that your playing will mesh up if you "tap to the tempo".

Another way to look at it is simply for every flash is when the delay will hit. When playing a song, "tap" the tap tempo button to the beat and your delay times will sync up, very useful once you get the hang of it. You'll find that your playing will mesh up if you "tap to the tempo".

Actually, unless you have the delay time set quarter notes, this isn't true. If you have the delay set to sixteenth notes, for example, the tap light will only blink once for every for every four delay repeats.

The tap tempo indicates the BPM saved with the tone. So when you select a note value for the delay time or time parameter in any other time-based effect, those parameters will be tied to whatever BPM you tap in.

I dont' think so, I have a PODHD500X and it does it as well. Shows what speed your delay is (like you need to know 24/7?). At least it has a power button, unlike my PDOHD500X where there is NO power button...none? and you have to unplug it to turn it off. How cheesy is that?

exactly as cheesy as most effects pedals (not most multi-effects)

i never could understand how a "nice to have" feature like a power switch, was such a big deal to some....

the pod HD's were the first L6 modeling boards to use DC power...

the previous pods had some issues with power switch failures...

moving to DC made it much safer to omit the powerswitch/point of failure.

anyway... a power switch would have been nice... but there are many things i'd change before i got to that particular issue.

I dont' think so, I have a PODHD500X and it does it as well. Shows what speed your delay is (like you need to know 24/7?). At least it has a power button, unlike my PDOHD500X where there is NO power button...none? and you have to unplug it to turn it off. How cheesy is that?

so you're saying that every boss pedal you ever used, every digitech pedal, every tube screamer etc... had a power switch?

cause i'd have to disagree based on my experience.....

remove the water pump... water stops pumping... remove the power switch and power flows unrestricted...

worst.analogy.ever.

That's hilarious, switch keeps breaking so they remove it? My water pump was leaking, I should have just took it out....lol. Shakes head.

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 12/10/2017 at 5:47 PM, Tweaker09 said:
On 2/9/2014 at 7:21 AM, gwishon said:

Can it be turned off?

Press and hold Home button. Next, turn Hold/Save knob clockwise until “Tap Light” is highlighted and then push knob to select. Finally, rotate knob counter clockwise and push knob when “Off” is highlighted to select.