Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't Update Fbv Express Mkii.

Hello,

I've updated Line 6 Monkey, and attempted to update the FBV Express MKii, but with no success. I get this message; 'fbv express mkii update failed code 80000002...'. It tells me to make sure that the cables are connected. Which they are. Well... the cable. The USB cable.

When I open Line 6 Monkey, it says that it can't detect what device I'm using, and asks me to select from a drop down menu that does not contain the FBV Express MKii. Which is pretty annoying. So I use the 'connect using MIDI option, and then select the FBV in the 'midi in' and 'midi out' boxes etc.

The thing is, there are no midi inputs or outputs on the FBV. 

I do have an M-audio Midisport 1x1 midi interface. But in the manual, it doesn't say anywhere that you'll require a midi interface of any sort.

What the Hell's going on?

I'd appreciate some help thanks.

I am having the same problem. When i try opened up 'My Devices' under 'Computer' the device is shows up with an exclamation mark next to it telling me that i have to update the driver. Problem is, the line six software isn't detecting the device at all. Likewise, i keep getting the same dialog about 'connecting using MIDI' even though no such outputs or inputs exist.

It's frustrating to not even be able to get off the ground with a fresh software install.

Feedback would be appreciated.

You can't do it with MIDI.

Try different USB ports and cables.  Make sure you have all Firewalls (note there is a Windows firwall, not just one with your anti-virus software) and anti-virus software disabled.

Unfortunately, this is not an unusual problem.  I had to use an older laptop running XP.

You can't do it with MIDI.

Try different USB ports and cables.  Make sure you have all Firewalls (note there is a Windows firwall, not just one with your anti-virus software) and anti-virus software disabled.

Unfortunately, this is ot an unusual problem.  I had to use an older laptop running XP.

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

I tried disabling the firewall too, with the same result.

The frustrating thing is that my computer recognizes the FBV. It appears in 'sound, video and game controllers'. Ironically, the two things that won't recognize it are Line 6 Monkey and Line 6 FBV Control. The two pieces of software designed specifically for use with the FBV.

If it's a common issue, then it's a bit of a joke really. And something Line 6 need to sort out as soon as possible.

I want to get this sorted and running on my computer now!  :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem.  It is not an issue with cables.  Using "an older computer running XP" is not an option, and is in any case a ridiculous excuse for a solution.  No offense to the user who posted this information - it's the Line 6 folks who need to come up with a real solution ASAP!

• 3 months later...

Google this issue with monkey and you will find hundreds of people experiencing the same problem. I am also having the same issues with my FBV MKii Shortboard and I also have a Spider Iv 120 amp. This problem is crazy as line 6 has provided no real solutions to this ongoing problem other than to start disabling firewalls, purchasing new USB cables, or finding older computers to load the program onto?? Really this issue has been going on for a long time and for way too many people. Can't believe I wasted a whole day trying to find a solution to this crappy program compatability lunacy!

Guess what, I'm returning my Line 6 products tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

you do realize that the update doesn't apply to use with line6 hardware anyway....

its only applicable if using the fbv with computer programs...

updating it will not affect the way it works with an amp....

of course i concede that the update should work...

just saying it's not that important to everyone though.

• Upvote 1

I'm also having this issue since I purchased my HD Pro and FBV MKii.  I've been waiting for over a year for Line6 to solve this and there are many others who have been waiting a lot longer.  It speaks volumes that not only hasn't it been solved but that Line6 seems to just ignore what is clearly a widespread issue.  Shame on you Line6.

• 1 month later...

Very frustrated with the FBV Express MKII.. I installed all the software and the "Monkey" software that FBV doesn't show up on. Plugged into a ASUS Laptop running Win 8 used every port availabe and nothing happens. it tells me "No Line 6 Products connected" I used 3 different cables uninstalled all software  reinstalled all software and NOTHING HAPPENS.The VOL is on So, it has power. I just purchased this today and I will return this tomorrow. I will look at other products from other vendors. I should have looked in a  Google search  about this product first. I see a lot of the same problems with the FBV

• Upvote 1

Very frustrated with the FBV Express MKII.. I installed all the software and the "Monkey" software that FBV doesn't show up on. Plugged into a ASUS Laptop running Win 8 used every port availabe and nothing happens. it tells me "No Line 6 Products connected" I used 3 different cables uninstalled all software  reinstalled all software and NOTHING HAPPENS.The VOL is on So, it has power. I just purchased this today and I will return this tomorrow. I will look at other products from other vendors. I should have looked in a  Google search  about this product first. I see a lot of the same problems with the FBV

What device are you trying to control with the FBV?  It's really made for switching patches in a Spider IV amp, and as communication device between a Spider IV and computer for using the Spider Edit program and doing firmware updates.  Many times the problem with Monkey IDing the device is due to firewall and anti-virus blocking software.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem.

Just open the Line 6 License Manager (Line 6 > Tools > Line 6 License Manager)

Restart monkey.

This worked for me too but it was a bit more that made it all work:

- disable anti virus and firewall

- deauthorize the computer in license manager

- authorize the computer in license manager

- re-open Monkey

Then it worked.  Hope that helps.  Cheers.  

BTW:  I have been away from the line6 community site for a couple of years.  Coming back with the problem of not being able to update/connect my basically brandnew spider IV with the required expensive footpedal was quite frustrating.  This topic should be hightlighted and be part of the instructions for setting up for all users of these products. It was a needle in a hay stack to find this post.  I was grasping for anything.  Reading this post it seems this is a very common problem and it should be brought to better light.  I dare say most people would have given up getting the amp connected.  It's a good thing the community here has helpful people.  

The site is VERY slow now and the search was useless.  I remember the search being much better at finding (community) help on a problem.  Really it comes down to the amount of attention and care from Line6 is not what it was 2,3 + years ago.  Something has changed.  I do thank the dedicated community for still contributing.  But something else isn't quite right.  :(.  

• 2 weeks later...

FBV Shot Board problems. Looks like I'm not alone when it comes to resolving problems with line 6 products. Don't get me wrong. I love my tone I achieved with POD Farm. However, I made my purchase last December, the FBV 2 Short board will come on but will not assign the selected effects to turn on an of the selected effect. I have had to call support 3 time and send numerous support tickets, only to get some what of an apology and be directed to a local service center. The service center has had it now for over 6 weeks and has not returned my calls. Line 6 has not responded to my last to support tickets. So as a new customer you can imagine where that leaves me. Probably the thing that bothers me the most about the deal, is when I first call regarding the problem the tech rep tried to convince me that people don't really need to use the board, like I was some kind of novice. Well I ant no pro, that's for sure, but I ant bad. I just cant believe I would get a response like that. So dose any one know of and after market controller that could be used with POD farm? If not, guess I will still be searching for the next product out there. I hear Amp Tube and Guitar Rig sound good.      

• 2 weeks later...

This will not fix the issue for everyone but I too had troubles getting the FBV Express MKII to be recognized by Monkey. I purchased the Spider IV 75 and FBV Express MKII just to find out I was unable to upgrade either one. The ratings on both devices were high so you can imagine I was quite disappointed to find out I had spent all this money and could not utilize the two to their full capacity. After searching around various forums and troubleshooting on my own, I was able to get Monkey to update the amp and pedal along with running the amp and pedal editor.

I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPad with Windows 7 64-bit. The laptop downloaded the driver without issue once the pedal was plugged in. I turned off the Windows firewall off and my AV as per suggested but that didn't work. I'd still do this step since it seemed to work for others. I also tried different USB ports and again that did not change for me but I would recommend others attempt this as well. Without the last two steps this might not have worked but what eventually worked for me was to run Monkey and choose any of the devices from the drop down (obviously not FBV Express MKII since that's why this forum was created). Once on the device page, I would plug in the pedal and choose Connect To Device. It would then recognize the pedal and allow me to perform the updates. I would do this same thing when trying to upgrade the Spider IV 75 which worked as well.

Upgrading was a bit painful as well. I had to disconnect the pedal and restart Monkey a few times and maybe even reboot the laptop but eventually I was able to get the amp and pedal upgraded. I also had issues when trying to have the amp and pedal editors recognize the device but I eventually got that to work.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem. Along with hundreds of others I see. My computer recognizes my MKii shortboard and says the device is working properly. However, all Line 6 software programs (Monkey, Edit, Control) tells me there is no device connected. I've switched out the cables, uninstalled and reinstalled all Line 6 software, de-authorized and re-authorized my computer, turned off Bit Defender and Windows Defender anti virus and firewalls, switched USB ports nothing works. Using another computer is not an option. It shouldn't have to be! I should have listened to my friend's advice steering me away from Line 6 due to poor customer service and unreliable products. Boy was he right. FIX THIS LINE 6!!! It's a wonder your still in business. You've lost another customer. I'll return this piece of scrap metal tomorrow and get rid of the amp. I can then buy some real equipment. Stuff that works!

• 1 month later...

Hello All,
I'v found a solution that solved this problem after trying around for an hour as shown in my attached screen shot link below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B76IyX1EWsk8QkE0NXNvSE1uN3c/view?usp=sharing

- Connect your FBV via USB and run Line6 Monkey .
- Flash Driver is not updated for sure with the yellow exclamation mark icon
- Press the right update button and it will give u the Error 80009000 thing (The FBV hardware should be unrecognized and will show all Lights ON above its screen)
- Close Monkey and Run FBV controller software, it will show its unrecognized or no connection _ (sometimes with an Error message) _ and thats what we need .
- Close it and re-open Monkey and The update will work now .

Note that the FBV is connected throughout all the process _ no need to disconnect in between .

Hope that works with you all guys 
have a nice day and Jam till forever  ;)

• Upvote 3

After several calls to technical support I was told this could not happen for Mac users. That is pure BS. If you try to update your drivers and device firmware, it gave me an error loading divers. This deleted the ability to connect to Edit my settings. It basically burs out the USB slot in the Foot pedal. I bit the Bullitt and bought another Shortboard. It worked and after using it for 8 months this one is dropping connection errors as well.

Please Be Warned........ These Products are not made to handle studio use, let alone live.

I had to go back to My old set up. Separate foot Pedals on a pedal board!. and A Tube amp. Lets Face it, analog and Tubes can't be digitally re-produced!

G. Snotty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello All,

I'v found a solution that solved this problem after trying around for an hour as shown in my attached screen shot link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B76IyX1EWsk8QkE0NXNvSE1uN3c/view?usp=sharing

- Connect your FBV via USB and run Line6 Monkey .

- Flash Driver is not updated for sure with the yellow exclamation mark icon

- Press the right update button and it will give u the Error 80009000 thing (The FBV hardware should be unrecognized and will show all Lights ON above its screen)

- Close Monkey and Run FBV controller software, it will show its unrecognized or no connection _ (sometimes with an Error message) _ and thats what we need .

- Close it and re-open Monkey and The update will work now .

Note that the FBV is connected throughout all the process _ no need to disconnect in between .

Hope that works with you all guys 

have a nice day and Jam till forever  ;)

Thank you so much!  This method totally worked for me with my eBay purchased FBV Shortboard Mark II.  Tried for a couple of hours to update the firmware (1.00 to 1.10) to no avail until I tried your method - worked first time.  Firewall off, Anti-virus/Malware scanner off.  Windows Ultimate X64 with SP1.  Thank you thank you thank you!  Jam Forever, whoo-hoo!!!!

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much!  This method totally worked for me with my eBay purchased FBV Shortboard Mark II.  Tried for a couple of hours to update the firmware (1.00 to 1.10) to no avail until I tried your method - worked first time.  Firewall off, Anti-virus/Malware scanner off.  Windows Ultimate X64 with SP1.  Thank you thank you thank you!  Jam Forever, whoo-hoo!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!!! it totally worked!!