Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HOW to: NO modeling on AMPOUT, but modeling on STERO OUT????

Indicafilms

Hi

The instructions specifically say that you can use the "amp out" output to feed a signal with effects that does NOT have the amp/cabinet to your AMPLIFIER.

At the same time, The L out can have the amp/cabinet included (marshall, fender, vox whatever...).

The manual says you can do it in "global settings"

I want to use my amp without the cab/head chain (Amp out) while feeding a presonus interface the same signal WITH some kind of amp/cab.

Anyone know how to do this???? Thanks!!!

Eric

Press <PAGE PAGE> at the same time to get into the Global settings...You will see the AMP OUT SOURCE...Change it to CAB/IR if it's MAIN and you are good to go....Make sure you place the CAB model in the chain where you still get FX in your amp....typically at the end of the chain...unless you want FX on the Main out that are not in your amp.

Page 32

Choose "Main Out" if you want the POD Go AMP OUT jack to echo the MAIN OUTS (except in mono); choose "Pre Cab/IR" if you want the AMP OUT jack to be tapped off directly before the Cab/IR block (and therefore, would not include the Cab/IR block or any blocks after it). This way, you can send a cab-emulated signal to your powered speakers (or mixer) while simultaneously sending a non-cab-emulated signal straight into your guitar amp.

@Indicafilms, the AMP OUT can either be your entire chain or it can be the AMP with no cab. It is my understanding that you want an out that has neither amp nor cab. AMP OUT will not be able to provide this. However, you can use the FX SEND for this.

1. In global settings -> Ins/Outs -> FX Loop Level: set it to "instrument"
  2. Connect a standard guitar cable from POD's send to your amp's input
  3. Move the FX loop anywhere before the amp block
  4. Set the MIX control to 50% (as shown below) and you will get equal signal flowing to your external amp and to the POD signal chain.
  5. Any FX you put before the send will also go to your amp while any you put after it will only be reflected on POD's outputs

1A883071-F90C-45BA-9AA0-7C6313AD9805_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.efb68b4609bfaef74c82466562739518.jpeg

This is interesting I had a discussion with some one about this but I was using Pod Go's FX loop out into the FX loop of my amp, I did this because the FX loop has a volume control and the amp out doesn't, I was able to pulpit off but when I tried to duplicate it with another preset I got no signal out of my mains which makes sense since there was no return coming back in to the Pod Go, I couldn't figure  out and started to think either me or PodGo was batty. But now I remember I was playing around with the Stereo FX. The stereo fx loop might have more goin on in terms of flexibility, when I aborted the earlier experiment I started using a Carl Martin Rock Bug in the loop since we have a loop, it's an analogue pedal cab simulator placing it in the loop behind the cab, it was fine in fx loop mono but when I put the FX loop it in Stereo there was fazing so I put the mix to 50% the send -6 return +6 and it seem to bring the guitar forward in the mix with the benefit of the Rock Bugs clarity/brightness I guess you could call it a double cab....anyways early experimenting, it would be cool to know what the FX loop can do and how it can manipulate the chain and sound other then hosting outboard Stereo FX...anyone....thanks