Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What is proper Use of CustomTones with Helix and PC112+ wrt Removing/Replacing AMP-CAB with Amp or Pre-Amp?

bhagmeister

Newbie here. Looking to use downloaded CustomTones on my Helix (floor) with new PC+. Would like to use PC+ Speaker models and know I need to disable or remove CAB modeling inside any Helix preset. Is there a global way for Helix to do this? I realize DSP resources are committed with each CAB model programmed. It would be great for either Helix to disable CAB when L6'd to PC+ - OR - for some Helix Edit utility to edit presets to replace AMP-CAB with either AMP or Pre-Amp on command. 

btw, I tried to replace AMP-CAB with like AMP inside a Helix preset but I notice that (AMP) settings are not preserved. Would be great to have that option so as to make PC+ (Speaker Modeling) use easier.

rob

The Helix patch and have complete control of the Powercab settings. You don't need a cab model or IR in Helix unless you are using Powercab in FRFR mode. This is of course useful if you are using acoustic instruments in Helix. But I also continue to use a few IRs in my Helix patches even with a Powercab 212 in FRFR mode. It just works better in some cases.

If you're ok editing JSON, you can edit the Helix prefix with a text editor to change from AMP+Cab to AMP without loosing you're amp settings.

• 1 month later...

The only programs that will recognize .hlx are Line 6 programs.

Just edit the file extension to .json before editing the file.  Then rename it back to .hlx when done.

If you can use a PC, you can just force it to be opened in a program with right click > open with

• 2 weeks later...