Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi turns off after turning on

vincentlewis

I have an Amplifi 150 that has worked well for a few years now. After not using it for a month and a half, I moved it to my new house and can not get it to turn on. When I turn it on it lights up for a split second, then makes a loud noise and turns off. I can do this repeatedly. I didn’t drop the amplifier, or do any other physical damage. I opened up to check the amp for any time of blown fuse, and I didn’t see anything but admittedly I couldn’t see much without opening the device further. I was thinking this could be sometime of software error? Thanks for reading.

I don’t want to scrap this amp because it’s a really nice Bluetooth speaker.

Hi vincentlewis,

I had a Amplifi 150 do something very similar, but it happened at a gig, about 10 minutes before our set. When mine failed, the amp hissed for half a second and the right tweeter "tapped" 5 or 6 times before the amp powered off again. I got mine taken to a Line 6 service centre (this was pre-yamaha days) and they diagnosed a failed power supply. In the repair they replaced the power supply and the mother board (I think) for a cost of ~$120AUD (~$80 USD) because it was about 2 months out of warranty *sigh*. I haven't had any problems since, maybe 3 years.

I narrowed the cause of the fault down to the power at the venue, because at the same time my amp failed, one of the FOH power amps on the same power blew a fuse, most likely as a result of a power surge. I now run my amp on my own surge protected power board that has a $100 000 warranty against any device plugged into it failing because of a surge. They will replace any device up to $100k

I hope you find the problem and (hopefully) it isn't something that will cost much to fix.

All the best!

Riley.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/26/2020 at 10:54 AM, RileyVallance19 said:

Hi vincentlewis,

I had a Amplifi 150 do something very similar, but it happened at a gig, about 10 minutes before our set. When mine failed, the amp hissed for half a second and the right tweeter "tapped" 5 or 6 times before the amp powered off again. I got mine taken to a Line 6 service centre (this was pre-yamaha days) and they diagnosed a failed power supply. In the repair they replaced the power supply and the mother board (I think) for a cost of ~$120AUD (~$80 USD) because it was about 2 months out of warranty *sigh*. I haven't had any problems since, maybe 3 years.

I narrowed the cause of the fault down to the power at the venue, because at the same time my amp failed, one of the FOH power amps on the same power blew a fuse, most likely as a result of a power surge. I now run my amp on my own surge protected power board that has a $100 000 warranty against any device plugged into it failing because of a surge. They will replace any device up to $100k

I hope you find the problem and (hopefully) it isn't something that will cost much to fix.

official website

All the best!

Riley.

This works really well for us, thank you!

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...