Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone using their m5/m9/m13 with an amp modeling pedal into a PA?

bsimmons106

Our band recently purchased a nice PA system for practicing and playing live. We're running everything through it (Bass, electronic drums, vocals, etc) and it got me thinking how great it would be if I could plug into that rather than hauling my 80 lb amp around.  Any suggestions on amp pedals to look at?  I'm also considering a Helix LT or similar.

• 11 months later...

I see this is an old topic but I still use my M13 in my classic rock band - sometimes I don't want to drag my Marshall halfstack to practice so I'll plug my M13 into my friend's clean amp and use the M13 for all my tones.  I know it's not quite a PA but maybe this is at least a starting point?

I use the Chandler Tube Drive sound for both my crunchy rhythm and my lead tones.  At one switch I have the gain and volume at reasonable settings for my rhythm tone (basically same volume as my clean tone), and then at another switch I use higher gain and volume for my leads.  Unfortunately I don't really like any other overdrive or distortion pedal in the M13 so I stick with the Chandler.  It sounds very Marshall crunchy to me.

Jesse