Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Software update bricked my Pod Go

jcnielsendk

Hello

I attempted a software update of my brand new Pod Go but it bricked it. It will not start up anylonger. I don't think the updater managed to update the Pod Go before the screen went weird and it lost connection. When I start up the Pod Go now, it never gets further than the bean image.

What to do?

2020-06-22_21_42_51.jpg

I'm having the same issue. I've tried to use the updater on a Mac Book Pro running Catalina v.10.15.5 with no joy. I've started the POD Go in update mode (pressing page > while powering on), I reconnect the usb and start the Line 6 Update software. Updater does not seem to detect the device. i tried this with multiple USB cables.  I have opened a ticket with Line 6. I'm waiting on their response. If anyone has insight into this issue, I'd appreciate the help.

image.thumb.png.254dcf2e1e9aceb857c04117ec96554a.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a POD Go loads into the frozen bean silhouette with no progress upon starting. Went through installing go edit for the drivers, Line 6 updater, starting the POD in update mode with the updater in DXP-NFU, and using multiple computers and USB cables. No matter the combination, the firmware update fails. I get to where the PC says installing firmware update and the POD says updating, but the progress bar never even fills at all and the firmware update failed error always follows.

20 minutes ago, stevenrb718 said:

I have a POD Go loads into the frozen bean silhouette with no progress upon starting. Went through installing go edit for the drivers, Line 6 updater, starting the POD in update mode with the updater in DXP-NFU, and using multiple computers and USB cables. No matter the combination, the firmware update fails. I get to where the PC says installing firmware update and the POD says updating, but the progress bar never even fills at all and the firmware update failed error always follows.

Time to open a support ticket.

• 2 months later...

IMG_0932.thumb.jpeg.6ab16d0fb7a041385256f2e01c2a7627.jpegMy brand new Pod Go worked for a few hours, but in the next day it got stuck at the boot up, as you can see in picture.

The Line 6 Updater detects my Pod, installs the update, tells the installation was succeed but the problem remains the same.

Did the same process in three different computers, two PCs and one MacBook with the same results.

I'm very frustrated cuz I read a ton of messages saying that eventually it will work after using the Updater, but I did it about 50 times and nothing!

18 hours ago, ade_neto said:

IMG_0932.thumb.jpeg.6ab16d0fb7a041385256f2e01c2a7627.jpegMy brand new Pod Go worked for a few hours, but in the next day it got stuck at the boot up, as you can see in picture.

The Line 6 Updater detects my Pod, installs the update, tells the installation was succeed but the problem remains the same.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787imageproxy.php?img=&key=183b093d1325c787

Did the same process in three different computers, two PCs and one MacBook with the same results.

I'm very frustrated cuz I read a ton of messages saying that eventually it will work after using the Updater, but I did it about 50 times and nothing!

I'd always recommend doing updates through the latest v1.30 Pod Go Edit rather than the separate updater which seems to cause problems for some.  Install PGE v1.30, connect to your Pod Go, and see if this lets you do the update. 

1 hour ago, voxman55 said:

I'd always recommend doing updates through the latest v1.30 Pod Go Edit rather than the separate updater which seems to cause problems for some.  Install PGE v1.30, connect to your Pod Go, and see if this lets you do the update. 

Thanks for the advice but I already have PGE v1.30 installed, but it didn't recognize my Pod Go, only the Line 6 Updater when I use the update mode (pressing Page > while booting up).

49 minutes ago, ade_neto said:

Thanks for the advice but I already have PGE v1.30 installed, but it didn't recognize my Pod Go, only the Line 6 Updater when I use the update mode (pressing Page > while booting up).

Bugger - is that with both a PC and a Mac via PGE?

I think you need to raise a ticket with Line 6 support - I'm sure they'll be able to help you get it sorted one way or another.  Keep us posted?

57 minutes ago, voxman55 said:

Bugger - is that with both a PC and a Mac via PGE?

I think you need to raise a ticket with Line 6 support - I'm sure they'll be able to help you get it sorted one way or another.  Keep us posted?

I'll return the Pod Go. The retailer will send me a new one.

Thanks for all the help!

I have another POD Go that freezes during the loading.  After doing the firmware update and saying successfully complete, it hangs up on the preset building.  Like the others, it's only able to be flashed though the updater and isn't visible through the Pod Edit program.  I wonder if the unit is getting stuck on the presets specifically.  I don't believe either of the small bios chips have any issues, so would the memory chip be causing the hangup?  I believe most of the chips are bga's, so maybe a cracked solder ball is causing the issue?  This unit worked fine until an LCD screen replacement, and now the hangups.