Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need some moral support, will update a Stomp tonight ...

PerS

Hi
Tonight I will update an HX Stomp that belongs to a friend. Has a LT myself , fully functional incl. PC and Edit in top trim. My friend has updated the Stomp to 2.80 but for some reason his Laptop does not recognizance the Stomp, Edit does not see the Stomp (a classic...).

Have two choices
1- Connect the Stomp to my working PC with Edit 2.92 and upgrade the Stomp. That is, I then know the Stomp works and can communicate. When it works, I will try to make his Laptop work too.
2- Cleans out his Edit installation and installs Edit 2.92 and tries to update directly from his Laptop. The risk is that the Laptop does not have a working USB port or has an shaky  Windows installation (Win 10 Pro). There is an additional way here and it is to install Edit 2.80 and take this in a little smaller steps. A little afraid of bugs that can cause me trouble though.

Which tactics would you choose? Or maybe there is someone even better ...

Thank you in advance and sorry for short notice  //Per

Hi

Thanks for reply. Just a quick feedback on how it went. 

Short version is that it a updated and working unit, both the Stomp and the PC. 

The little longer version is that I after validating the PC status I decided to update Stomp on my PC. Worked on first attempt, 2.92 loaded and finished in less then 5 minuts. The PC was another story. My guess was that by mistake all drivers except the one for the Stomp was selected when the 2.82 was installed. I also installed and run CClean and found a lot of register errors and system junk, my conclusion was that the PC needed som love to be in shape. So installed IObit Uninstaller and marked all Line6 applications to be removed, that also takes care of register entries/residues for the old Edit installation. After that I run CCleaner  to get read of system junk and clean up of the registry.  Rebooted the PC and made a new installation of the Edit 2.92 (with the Stomp still turned off...) with all the drivers checked. Turned on the Stomp and hold my breath... The stomp booted fine and short after the Edit connected and all was running nice and stable. First attempt :-) 

I guess I could have done it either way, but after a closer look at the PC-status I hade to take care of the PC and limit what could go wrong.

Again, thanks for the moral support... this forum rocks.

Take care //Per