Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podfarm 2.56 Metal Shop Sound Issue

Hi Everyone,

I own a PODFARM 2.56 (Hardware Independent version) with Metal Shop model pack on a iMac. My guitar is a Epiphone Les Paul custom with stock pickup through a Echo Audiofire 4 to my mac.

I am having a bad sound issue with Metal Shop. When I use metal shop amp model like Cali Diamond Plate and  Plexi Lead 100 ect..i have to crank the gain all the way up to 11 to get a acceptable distortion tone and even then it just seems doesn't have enough gain! Especially when i do palm muting..that chucka chucka stuff, it just sound like a overdrive without much distortion(especially the Cali Diamond Plate model). When I switch to Line 6 insane amp model everything seems fine! I can get a nice distortion with good metal palm muting(without screamer in the front). The only work around is to use a Screamer (Tube Screamer emulation) in front of my metal shop amp model. Only then I can get that crushing metal tone. Is this normal? Youtube shows some real amp that line 6 modeled and they sound good without a tube screamer. Is there something wrong with my metal shop pack? Or this is the way it suppose to be? 

Thank you! 

I just find out why the sound is so different! It's my trim knob on my echo audiofire 4! It was set to very small amount, then i just crank it up and now metal shop sounds better with model deliver a more metal tone. Adding the screamer is even better! Now my audiofire 4's meter reads red and peak when I play palm muting however I don't hear any clipping at all. Is this o.k? If i back up the trim knob to hit the yellow light (recommend level for recording), my amp sound not much distortion compare to hitting red. What should i do? 

Thank you for your help. 

Hmmm .... I bought the Metal Pack and installed it last night, and I have to say I'm not that impressed with it.  As a quick test, I added each of the new amps in turn to a Metal patch I'd already created and regularly.  I found that the "new" amps were quiet compared to the original ones, and that tweaking things like EQ / Gain etc. didn't really significantly improve the sound.  I'll play with it some more when I get the time, but at the moment, I'm of the view that the new patches I've created with the pack are just extremely subtle variations of patches I've previously created.

• 3 weeks later...

To the morons who don't like Metal Pack,you probably don't know what you're doing. If you're jus' startin', you might want to spend more time on POD FARM, and less time whining about something that you're CLEARLY WRONG about.       I would like to know how I can dismiss the upgrade from 2.55 to 2.56  and go back to 2.55, it's just to much, thanks.                                                                                                                    

the latest is 2.57, maybe you should try going forward to fix your problem.....

that and be less of an azzhole too... thanks thats all.

To the morons who don't like Metal Pack,you probably don't know what you're doing. If you're jus' startin', you might want to spend more time on POD FARM, and less time whining about something that you're CLEARLY WRONG about.       I would like to know how I can dismiss the upgrade from 2.55 to 2.56  and go back to 2.55, it's just to much, thanks.                                                                                                                    

for the record any posts that starts with "to the morons..." is kind of an azzhole post.

not to mention it was your first post in this thread so noone directed anything to you or at you.... so you were a bit harsh.

TWITMC: Thanks for 2.57, your speedy reply, & I'm not an azzhole for disagreeing harshly with someone who does'nt even try.Too sensitive, relax.